Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone listen to cris carter?

mr23frahee

He is on mike and mike right now.. Saying CJ isn't a top 5 WR, isn't a good route runner, and doesn't command a double team.

I wish opposing defensive coordinators shared those thoughts.

Well damn I guess we shoulda got Calvin from Detroit instead of Roy...probably oculd have paid a lot less since Calvins not very good either.

eh, I can sort of go with him on something like route running, cause he was a Jerry Rice type that had to work for his catches, but not commanding a double team is some damn foolishness on his part. Why do these guys have to throw in some made up stuff just to make a point?

I think Cris Carter just wants attention...hopefully defensive coordinators listen to him and single cover cj

he also said his top 3 wr's are.......larry, andre, and greg jennings?.. lol......look greg is a good player.....but switch teams with cal and greg..and they don't even compare.....cal and aaron would put up HUGE numbers

Technique-wise he might not be top 5, but he might be the most physically impressive wide receiver of all time. Has all the potential to be one of the best WRs of all time.

I can't wait to see what Fitzgerald does this year with Kolb throwing to him, still think he's the best WR in the league

Last year fitz and cj had almost the same amount of receiving yards (about 1100 each). Fitz was targeted a lot more and cj had 6 more tds. I am not saying that CJ is better than Fitzgerald...but to say he isn't a top 5 receiver is just dumb.

Carter is right.... they were triple teaming Calvin last year. Doubles don't work.

Right, this is funny...no double teaming. He may get doubled more than every other WR. Least in the past when we had no other weapon.

specialteams said:
Technique-wise he might not be top 5, but he might be the most physically impressive wide receiver of all time. Has all the potential to be one of the best WRs of all time.

I can't wait to see what Fitzgerald does this year with Kolb throwing to him, still think he's the best WR in the league

I think A.Johnson is the best.

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
he also said his top 3 wr's are.......larry, andre, and greg jennings?.. lol......look greg is a good player.....but switch teams with cal and greg..and they don't even compare.....cal and aaron would put up HUGE numbers

He probably said jennings because of his route running. But id rather have calvin, and I love jennings.

Could you imagine rodgers having calvin and finley both to throw it up to?

Calvin not only has the production, he has the ability to take it to the house or bust a big gain every play. Carter was just mad, he was only a possession receiver who can't get in the HOF. Carters first 6 years in the league weren't impressive. Then he had 8 very good years in Minnesota.

Right now Calvin is better than Cris Carter ever was. If not for injury Calvin would have 3 1,000 yard seasons in a row and I think Calvins back injury hindered him some his rookie year. Also in looking up stats, I completely forgot we beat Minnesota last year without Calvin Johnson scoring 20. Minnesota was down and out but that is a very good thing.

Not sure we could say Calvin is better than Chris ever was... He was great, even for a buckeye

Back