Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who won the FL debate?

Id have to say Santorum had a strong night. He took advantage of Newt and Mitt bickering amongst themselves and actually used that to put both of them down on several occasions while stating his stance.

He also showed he isnt one to back down....after calling out Mitt for his healthcare ideals Mitt had a pretty strong rebutle. But Santorum didnt let him get away with it and reiterated how much Mitts plan was similar to Obamas....i think it stuck for viewers.

He did the best job of showing people how he stands out from the rest of the candidates and usually lumped newt and mittens together when talking about issues....like in the case of the wallstreet bailout and healthcare.

I wouldnt vote for him for president but he did a good job of stating his case of why he would do well vs obama.

If people that watched got the same sense i did....then america should kinda be over the whiny, childish feuding between mitt and newt. I think its just hurting them at this point...both of them cause neither one will ever get the upper hand. The fact is theres too much dirt on both of them to win an tit for tat argument.

For the debate itself, Santorum....for the overall effect on the nomination, Romney.

Santorum already doomed himself yesterday sying he would except a V.P slot on the ticket.....pretty much conceding he has ZERO shot at the nomination ( which is 100% true ).

Romneybot said:
For the debate itself, Santorum....for the overall effect on the nomination, Romney.

I agree, but I voted that Romney won because, for that debate, the objective was to better their chances at the nomination.

I was probably Santorum, bit it was also like Brandon Inge hitting a home run in the 9th inning of a game where were down 10-3.

He can feel good afterwards and pump his fist, but his contribution to the whole is still jackshit.

Back