Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #20 Hawks @ Pistons

biggunsbob

Fucking up 6 with with under a minute to play and they fucking blow it... Totally pathetic defense the last 6 minutes of this game...And especially the last minute and in overtime...Sorry I am swearing but I am so pissed..

Right, I was scared they were gonna win. Btw Greg Monroe is pretty damn good.

Sorry guys I cannot root for my team's to lose. You could see bad habits and lack of rotation all fourth quarter by everyone and it pissed me off. The Hawks wanted to be beat until Johnson woke up... It won't matter if we get a top pick with Joe D. picking.. I would prefer some better hustle.

Yeah, I've given thought to the matter of rooting against my own team, and I just can't find any cons for rooting against them. I have still enjoyed watching the Pistons play this year, and I usually just focus on the younger guys that should be populating our team in future years. It is especially easy to root against them when you see how stagnant the middle of the league is. The Hawks have had a very solid team for the last few years, but where has it gotten them? Sure, they can continue to be a top 4 or so team in the East, but is that any better than being the 10th best in the East? They aren't good enough to win it all, and it is tough for them to get any better.

I would rather have the Pistons suck for a year and get a solid player than be stuck in stagnant-ville for 10 years like so many other teams in the NBA.

But I know a few other people that just can't bring themselves to root against their own team, and I understand that. I didn't write what I wrote trying to convince anybody to change their views, just to explain mine :)

And I can always appreciate the passion from people like biggunsbob.

jmakula87 said:
Yeah, I've given thought to the matter of rooting against my own team, and I just can't find any cons for rooting against them. I have still enjoyed watching the Pistons play this year, and I usually just focus on the younger guys that should be populating our team in future years. It is especially easy to root against them when you see how stagnant the middle of the league is. The Hawks have had a very solid team for the last few years, but where has it gotten them? Sure, they can continue to be a top 4 or so team in the East, but is that any better than being the 10th best in the East? They aren't good enough to win it all, and it is tough for them to get any better.

I would rather have the Pistons suck for a year and get a solid player than be stuck in stagnant-ville for 10 years like so many other teams in the NBA.

But I know a few other people that just can't bring themselves to root against their own team, and I understand that. I didn't write what I wrote trying to convince anybody to change their views, just to explain mine :)

And I can always appreciate the passion from people like biggunsbob.

Thanks J.. I know getting a top 3 pick would help but I worry about Joe D. now days. I mean the Charlie V and Ben Gordon signings were terrible. Plus getting rid of Billups was beyond bad. I just want the good old days back when the Piston's s were fun to watch..

It's all sunshine and rainbows here.

A win is a win
A loss is a win

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
Romneybot said:
It's all sunshine and rainbows here.

A win is a win
A loss is a win

And then Joe D. drafts Darko.

Joe D has been terrible but I can name about 10 worse moves before this one. Most every GM had Darko as the #2 player

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":w4de2cs1]

And then Joe D. drafts Darko.

Joe D has been terrible but I can name about 10 worse moves before this one. Most every GM had Darko as the #2 player[/quote:w4de2cs1]

I'll raise you a Maxiell 4 year $20 million contract good sir..

Back