Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Santa Fe NM

myczk1aj

I'm currently in Santa Fe (wedding) and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on fun things to do.

myczk1aj said:
I'm currently in Santa Fe (wedding) and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on fun things to do.

pick up one of the bride's maids. That's always fun. Other than that, I have no idea.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
myczk1aj said:

pick up one of the bride's maids. That's always fun. Other than that, I have no idea.

Oh, he's single? That does change things.

Los Alamos national lab is nearby, where the 1st atomic bomb was created during WWII. You could go check that out.

other things I've learned about NM from *briefly* dating this really weird girl who grew up there: they love green chilies, and serve them fried in butter, or with other shit. they have really big centipedes that live in the desert.

Thanks for the suggestions. We just past a club called "Cheeks" my brother wants to check out. I have a Yukon rented so I want to take it dirt roaring. Also I have to play a song at the wedding on my guitar so I am def. Trying for a bridesmaid.

Definitely tons of hiking and trails for motor vehicles or not .... Plenty of crystals, spiritualists and other non-traditional sages you could consult ....

Santa Fe is cool -- pretty mellow, but plenty of outdoors to do for sure. I used to travel there for business once in a while, always liked it.

myczk1aj said:
Or if anyone has actually ever been to NM?

I used to live in Albuquerque. How long are you there? One thing I'd recommend is eating as much as you while you're there. Carne adovada and chile rellenos are required. I don't care if you've had them elsewhere. If you don't want to take your chances with a mom and pop place (which is where the best food is) then Gardunios is a pretty respectable chain.

If you decide to go to Albuquerque, don't take 25. Take 14. The scenic route is worth it. And stop in Madrid along 14. My understanding is that Californian artists that thought CA was too commercial moved to Santa Fe. Once Santa Fe got commercial, they left for Madrid. An exhausted mining town. Now it just artists. Bring water or expect to pay extra for bottled water there.

I can't remember why I ever went to Santa Fe, but I remember going to Old Town. That was kind of neat.

MichChamp02 said:
Los Alamos national lab is nearby, where the 1st atomic bomb was created during WWII. You could go check that out.

other things I've learned about NM from *briefly* dating this really weird girl who grew up there: they love green chilies, and serve them fried in butter, or with other shit. they have really big centipedes that live in the desert.

I don't think there is a single thing to see except "Area 26" or "Area 13" signs scattered about. There is a museum in Albuquerque with mock ups of fat boy and little boy and other atomic age stuff.

myczk1aj said:
Thanks for the suggestions. We just past a club called "Cheeks" my brother wants to check out. I have a Yukon rented so I want to take it dirt roaring. Also I have to play a song at the wedding on my guitar so I am def. Trying for a bridesmaid.

No I haven't been there, but the #4 top sport some Santa Fe nightlife according to that website is called the Cowgirl Hall of Fame.

edit: after looking at the reviews, nevermind

I took a day and went to banfolier nal park-padt los alamos

Wherd the anasazai luvedand tgey have the ruins of tgeir homes
Kind of lije furst condos

Pmys jyst nice being outdoors

michlady77 said:
I took a day and went to banfolier nal park-padt los alamos

Wherd the anasazai luvedand tgey have the ruins of tgeir homes
Kind of lije furst condos

Pmys jyst nice being outdoors

ML, you been drinking again?

Back