Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Has Anyone Close You Had Stopped Talking to Died?

tinselwolverine

Just wondering.

Just happened to me.

I hadn't talked to her for three years.

An on again/off again lover for about 20 years.

So daughter her called me just before Christmas, and I could tell by her voice somebody had died.

So I asked "who died?" And she answered "Mum (the daughter was born in England).

I was actually glad, because I was worried at first that it was the daughter's daughter.

At the funeral, as I looked down at her in her coffin, my thought was that I would have wanted to say to her was "if I knew you were going to die I would have talked to you sooner."

Someone I used to 'date' if you wanna call it that, before I got married was murdered about 5 years ago.

Even after I got engaged I was always friends with her and my wife hated her, so to make the wife happy, I broke off the friendship with her, one day about 2 years after we divorced, I get a phone call...my ex-wife, who I don't talk to ever, says I'm sorry your friend got killed.

I had not known till she called, but it was on the 5pm news like 30 mins later. I doubt that she was really as sorry as she pretended, and used it mostly to try to hurt me, since she always said she thought we were having an affair, even though I'm sure she knew we were not.

Sad part was when I realized I could never tell her I was sorry for throwing away our friendship over such a stupid thing.

That's hard. And not to go way off topic here but old GF or old BF, what spouse will want that?

I dated a girl who was a "go-go dancer" @ a topless bar in Detroit during the late 70s for about a year or so, but broke up with her when I found out that she was shooting up coke. I ran into her @ Metro Beach one summer day, several years later in '83, and she looked real hot in her metallic bikini. She told me that she had gotten cleaned up, but I noticed that she was with her boyfriend, who was sunning himself on their beach towels, so we didn't talk for very long.

Then about a decade later, when I was employed with the USPS,I was hand-sorting some non-machineable mail on overtime, and I came across a letter addressed to her from some Catholic Convent of some nunnery order, and I could tell from the address that she was in some type of hospice care, and likely was dying of some disease like AIDS. Just thought it was very strange that I would notice her name, b/c usually I just looked for the city and state when hand sorting mail, but the envelope itself was very elaborate, artistic, religious and colorful.

Another time I came across a electricity shutoff notice for a pretty nice looking girl that was a co-worker of mine when we worked for a railroad during the mid-70s. She had been hired in at the same date that I did, but I had managed to get out of the accounting department that we both worked in a few years later, and was soon promoted into a different position in personnel, so I avoided getting the perma-layoff axe for several years after she had been let go. I really felt bad for her knowing that she was still struggling to get by over a decade later. She was so damn introverted and shy that I couldn't get her to speak above a whisper to me, when I talked to her @work, she kinda reminded me of Adrian, personality-wise in the first Rocky movie, (before she came out of her"shell"while working at that pet shop), but my co-worker wasn't nearly as mousy-looking and was always dressed nicely for work.

Back