Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blackhawks acquire Brendan Morrison

Names I keep hearing as possible additions that I wouldn't mind snagging are Zach Parise, Tuomo Ruutu, and I am borderline on Alex Semin. The man really want is Ryan Suter, but a trade in the division seems unlikely, so let's hope he tests free agency as I just don't see the Preds as spending big on both he and Weber(please let us get one of them). The Ducks are the team to watch right now, if they stay hot, maybe they won't make any moves, but if they look like they will miss the postseason, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Geztlaf or maybe even Corey Perry could be on the move and I would take any of them.

I don't see those big deals. I think Ruutu maybe, a third/fourth line checker type. Possibly also a depth defenseman.

The Ducks are always on the verge of a fire sale...then they go on a run and the talk stops. I'll re-evaluate my opinion on March 15th. =P

Getting a decent defensemen may be a good idea with Stuart looking to get back out west to be closer to his family next year.

It is looking like we are going to make a smaller move for a player like Ruutu or Hemsky. A player who can be a top 6 forward, help on offense and has expiring deal. Then in the offseason we cash in for Parise (and Suter if Lidstrom retires)

I don't think that's a very significant trade for Chicago..Morrison isn't the same player he was even a few years ago. No doubt he will add depth to Chicago but its not the type of move that requires the Wings to make a countermove IMO.

As I've said a bunch of times on here I really think that Holland is pretty happy with the current team - he knows that he has a lot of money to spend in the offseason and there are some big name guys available so I can't see him giving up much in a trade.

If anything is done at the deadline I expect it to be a 2nd or 3rd pairing veteran defenseman. The offense is set IMO

Back