Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN ranks Monroe #2 among 2010 draft class

bestisbest

2. Greg Monroe, Pistons
How good has Monroe been this year? Not good enough to get Detroit out of the bottom five of the league, unfortunately, but I'll tell you this: If Detroit was a better team, then Blake Griffin would have some competition for "best of class."

Monroe is top 12 in the NBA in PER and offensive rebound rate and top 20 in overall rebound rate. And while Detroit is an awful defensive team, only Ben Wallace is playing better defense than Monroe, who has to carry an offensive burden far more than Wallace does.

There are still questions about how Monroe would perform on a better team, or if he's good enough to be a top-three player on a good team. But all things considered, no one in this class besides Griffin can touch Monroe right now.

Nice to see Monroe gets some credit where credit is due.

Dumars def. nailed it when he drafted Monroe. I am so happy he didn't move up and take Cousins cause I would rather have Mornoe over Cousins any day... Gotta love that work ethic and old school play. Also love the Knight pick. One more good draft and maybe a trade and in a couple of years we will be solid again.

Yeah, Monroe has been fantastic. I love watching him play, and he also seems like a genuinely good guy. He and Knight both seem to have very good work ethics and work ethic is often contagious. Just need to hit it big in this draft, and we can get back to the top.

Sweet... Sorry joe... you are forgiven..
cool.png
shocked.gif
lipsrsealed.png
:'(
angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> :)

signed
Charlie V.
and
Ben Gordon.

I do like Greg though and you are right about not taking Cousins...

Plus I did tun into to Knights big game the other day... I was impressed with him on that day because he had struggled a tad before that night..

Monroe really has been great. One can only wonder how good the team would be had Joe not torpedoed the rest of the team with the likes of Hamilton, Gordon, Villanueva, Maxiell, and even to some degree Stuckey. Let's hope this rebuild goes as well as the last one.

Back