Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Forward Tuomo Ruutu on Detroit's shopping list

We need a solid defenseman and maybe a player who can help the power play. Maybe a back-up goaltender to Howard. I don't think you want to go int the playoffs with Conklin and McDonald as your backups.

Franzen, Cleary, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader are all forwards who I would say have locked up a spot. Miller, Holmstrom, and Emmerton could be replaced.

I could see us trading Miller + Pick or Prospect for a guy like Ruutu. A skilled 2nd line forward that has an expiring deal. Then you can have 3 scoring lines.

But we really need a backup goalie.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Franzen, Cleary, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader are all forwards who I would say have locked up a spot. Miller, Holmstrom, and Emmerton could be replaced.

I could see us trading Miller + Pick or Prospect for a guy like Ruutu. A skilled 2nd line forward that has an expiring deal. Then you can have 3 scoring lines.

But we really need a backup goalie.

Yup I agree with you totally..

I don't see the Wings trading Holmstrom at the deadline- this is the last year of his deal and Holland will let him retire a Wing..Loyalty is a big deal to the Wings organization.

I also don't think the wings are going to give up any high draft picks...a 4th rounder would be the highest I can see Kenny parting ways with for an expiring contract. In todays NHL young promising players are an extremely hot commodity.

For Rutuu I would be willing to part with miller, emmerton, commodore, eaves, and some lower draft picks..but thats really about it.

I don't know why anyone is hot to trade Miller. He's been great.

Ruutu would be nice, but there's no need to trade a contributing player on the current team.

Back