Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rotoworld Over/Under On Stafford TD Passes 2011

I'll go bold and say he plays most, if not all of the season. If he does that he easily reaches it with the firepower we have.

GoLions1989 said:
I'll go bold and say he plays most, if not all of the season. If he does that he easily reaches it with the firepower we have.

Easily? 32 TDs is no cakewalk. Not saying he can't do it. We run a lot of offensive plays per game and we have a downfield offense but even Aaron Rodgers with all that firepower threw 30 in '09. And I'm someone who has the Lions winning 11.

Over. I don't think it's anything more than the man having a shit-ton of weapons to throw to. Titus, Pettigrew, Big Tony, Burleson, Javid, and of course Calvin. Lions might go 7-9 and still see Staff hit 35 TDs, because the ones they win they will win in high scoring shootouts.

Gotta go under, as optimistic as I am he still hasn't played a full season and would need to play a full 16 games to come close to that many.

I went under as well, as much as a homer as I am I just can't see him averaging 2 touchdowns a game.

Under. If be happy with 25, less than 10 INT and a shit load of yards.

Eddie said:
GoLions1989 said:

Easily? 32 TDs is no cakewalk. Not saying he can't do it. We run a lot of offensive plays per game and we have a downfield offense but even Aaron Rodgers with all that firepower threw 30 in '09. And I'm someone who has the Lions winning 11.

As I said, bold.

The run game doesn't really inspire a lot of reason to have faith in it and we have weapons that would certainly make it feasible. We had 26 passing touchdowns last year with Shaun Hill and Stanton in there. I would have to believe a healthy Stafford is a big upgrade on it. If Staff plays at least 14 games, he will hit 32.

I think he can get awfully close to 32. I mean he threw 2 in five minutes tonight. haha. but seriously I think he will get close.

Since I gave my 2 cents, I might as well give a number. I'll say 38 touchdowns (yes I know it is more than anybody last year) assuming 16 games. So that would figure 2.375 per game, certainly not impossible. With the lack of run game to lean on we will need to lean on the passing game more than most teams. You guys can quote it and call me crazy after the season.

Waiting for Chico to come in here and say Stafford is gonna throw 8 TDs and 24 picks while the Lions go 2-14

Romneybot said:
Waiting for Chico to come in here and say Stafford is gonna throw 8 TDs and 24 picks while the Lions go 2-14
he's not an ACE though!

I have drafted him in the 8th thru 10th round in every league I am in. Lets hope he stays healthy

I say over....I see 38 TD's and 4000 yards

I said under.. Chances he plays all 16 games are probably less than 50%. Even if he did, Id still give him a less than even shot at 32+.

Ill say 26 TDs, 13 INTs, Lions go 8-8.

Over by one 33 TDS and 14 INTS. This is his year to stay healthy and shine all the way to the playoffs! Lions go 10-6

lol good stuff....another gem of his, from the Lions board. something along the lines of "Matt Stafford will be no better than Trent Edwards" is another favorite of mine...

Well, I was short on how many games they would win, and how many points per game they would average... but I was right to take the over on 32TDs. It's been such a nice year to be a Lions fan.

Back