Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings @ Oilers > We need a back-up goalie

biggunsbob

Wings need a back-up goalie because Conklin is not very good.. Look I know we are playing the power house Oilers with a whopping 45 points and our defense is not helping him any but he is not helping himself at all. What another horrible effort verses a really bad team... We need to pick up someone at the deadline that can help out PP which is beyond awful as of late.. I still think we can come back and win this game down 3-1 but they better get their ASSES MOVING..

McDonald has played great coming on in relief of Conklin but poor coverage again gave away the game tying goal in the last minute...after coming back to take a 4-3 lead after trailing 3-1 into the third..

Good comeback and it's nice to manage atleast one point after playing really only 20 minutes of solid hockey..but they honestly should have had 2 points- its never good letting the team score while the goalie is pulled.

Let's hope they can pull this off in OT - I don't like our chances in shoot out with McDonald between the pipes...we shall see though

Wings had two chances in the shootout to win the game and I feel bad for McDonald because he deserves this game for how he kept the Wings in it.. Had the game win till the 36 second mark when again poor coverage cost us a goal in regulation.. :-/

Wasted a good comeback and lost to another bad team..

Weak Shootout effort out of the wings today..but hey atleast they managed a point

tbone413 said:
Weak Shootout effort out of the wings today..but hey atleast they managed a point

I don't understand why some of the skaters after Todd B. did not try and rip one too.

it is the first shootout loss of the season for Detroit.. So the Wings are 0-1 without Howard..

Hopefully Joey Mack is in goal Monday vs Phoenix as well. Conklin has been horrible in most of his appearances this year.

And don't get me started on that power play. Atrocious.

cmlfactor said:
Hopefully Joey Mack is in goal Monday vs Phoenix as well. Conklin has been horrible in most of his appearances this year.

And don't get me started on that power play. Atrocious.

Yeah I hope McDonald starts and we can get him the win he deserved the other night but my only thought is what would Conklin think if he gets benched...

Back