Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

no rodgers love?

i would have voted for brees. Shattered the passing record and actually won a playoff game.

mhughes0021 said:
i would have voted for brees. Shattered the passing record and actually won a playoff game.

Yeah, I don't get why Rodgers won in a landslide? I don't have a problem with Rodgers winning but Brees had incredicle numbers...including completion percentage. Not to mention, when Flynn stepped in for one game he broke all the GB passing records.

id pick brady over brees to win it.

If rodgers would have played all quarters, he probably would have broke the td record.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
id pick brady over brees to win it.

If rodgers would have played all quarters, he probably would have broke the td record.

Poor man's Brett Favre.

Rodgers was picked to win after week 6. Didn't matter at that point..

Maize&Cheese304 said:
for winning mvp

No Packer love. Ever. Go stuff your mouth with Gorgonzola. (Stated in the spirit of friendly competition)

Flynn holds all the passing records now....rodgers is an afterthought.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Like the packers td record. Or the nfl passing rating record.

Because he and team had a great start, it was locked up. But the right person didn't win..

Yeah brees should for throwing the ball 100 times more. Stafford runner up

I did forget that the voting takes place in week 14 or 15....which makes zero sense since the season isn't over and they don't announce the winners until 2 months after that anyways.

Rodgers deserved it. Great efficiency, high tds and very low ints. Breaking the NFL passer rating is bigger than what Brees did. Very glad Rodgers weapons or defense didn't help him out againt the Giants.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":7loyz1fo]id pick brady over brees to win it.

Poor man's Brett Favre.[/quote:7loyz1fo]

Rodgers is already a better QB than Farve ever was. Favre was too turnover prone.

tomdalton22 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Poor man's Brett Favre.

Rodgers is already a better QB than Farve ever was. Favre was too turnover prone.

Click, click, click,.....TUG....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FISH ON!

tonyballs said:
tomdalton22 said:

You never stop....wow.

I know most people would disagree but I have always thought that Favre was way over rated. He lost as many games for his team with his bonehead "gunslinger" attitude as he won for them with great plays. Some people will say he is a top 5 QB of all time....I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong...he was a very good QB....but I just think he was over rated.

I actually agree with him. Through this point in their careers, Rodgers is by far the better player than Favre was, and his early career was his peak. Unless something drastic and unexpected happens, I think his full career will eclipse Favre's by a lot as well.

But 2011 is still a far cry in offense then when Favre played in his early years. So he threw a lot of picks. Lots of guys do that, Bradshaw won 4 titles and threw picks. Depends on the throws you make at important times. To say Rogers was better because of one big year, give him time. Soon, you'll be saying Rodgers was better than Marino, lol.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]But 2011 is still a far cry in offense then when Favre played in his early years. So he threw a lot of picks. Lots of guys do that, Bradshaw won 4 titles and threw picks. Depends on the throws you make at important times. To say Rogers was better because of one big year, give him time. Soon, you'll be saying Rodgers was better than Marino, lol.
Favre made bad picks and bad times too. I still have nightmares about the playoff-ending picks against the Eagles and Giants.

Back