Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Retards Up In Arms Over Chysler SB Add

lions2011

Karl Rove and other Retards in Washington were real quick to bash the Chrysler half time commercial with Clint Eastwood...calling it a "Re-Elect Obama" add.

little do these tools realize Clint Eastwood is a staunch Libertarian , supported John McCain in 2008 and was against the auto bailouts.

seriously Republicans....a car commercial praising the city of Detroit trying to get back on it's feet and you rail against it and call it a campaign add.

even in success they want failure.

It did remind me alot of the presidents state of the union. When you feel guilt even from watching commercials at halftime theres probably something wrong there. Obstructionist fucks the lot of them.

They're just so broken up over the fact that the US auto industry was saved and is now thriving. They would rather that they failed and Toyota or Honda were the worlds top auto companies rather than GM. They openly root for America to fail.

Its funny hearing people like Santorum preach to let capitolism play its course and then turn around and cry about jobs. Its funny cause its fucking stupid....does he know how many jobs would have been lost if the auto industry went under? dumbass.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Whether you liked the automobile bailout or not...Obama didn't initiate it.

Karl Rove's old boss did.

http://detroit.about.com/od/bigthreebailout/a/auto_bailout.htm

which makes crying about its success even more stupid.

Yet the repubes say it was a waste of 80 billion dollars, forget the fact that's it's being paid back with interest, early.

Good thing the 'pubtards spent that 170 billion on bailing out wall street, some low level executives were worried about their 7 figure bonuses.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Whether you liked the automobile bailout or not...Obama didn't initiate it.

Karl Rove's old boss did.

http://detroit.about.com/od/bigthreebailout/a/auto_bailout.htm

I remember some douche I went to high school with on facebook praising Bush for the decision... then criticising the gov't subsidies and management of GM a couple months later just because Obama was now president.

He de-friended me after I pointed out what a dipshit he was.

I can assure you that the 789 Chrysler dealers who were disenfranchised in 2009--many of them profitable--were not impressed with the message.

smayschmouthfootball said:
I can assure you that the 789 Chrysler dealers who were disenfranchised in 2009--many of them profitable--were not impressed with the message.

tough titties......

cause car salesmen are what our nation is built on!....just look at the GoP.

SLICK said:

tough titties......

The contradicton looms large in this response.

mhughes0021 said:

What you apparently know about a dealership's organizational structure you apparently have already expressed.

Romney looks like a Used Car Salesman.....
cool.png

mhughes0021 said:

What you apparently know about a dealership's organizational structure you apparently have already expressed.

what you apparently know about the meaning of bailout you apparently have already expressed. Youre bitching about a number of dealerships that closed when the other option was....ALLL of the fucking dealerships would have closed lol. Bailout worked...everyone that paints it in a negative light is just being ignorant.

mhughes0021 said:

what you apparently know about the meaning of bailout you apparently have already expressed. Youre bitching about a number of dealerships that closed when the other option was....ALLL of the fucking dealerships would have closed lol. Bailout worked...everyone that paints it in a negative light is just being ignorant.

Chrysler would have restructured on its own and recovered, or not. The point I was making was that viable, profitable dealerships were terminated by the government a part of the bailout plan. They would likely have remained open had Chrysler filed for bankruptcy. And the bailout itself was a risk/reward proposition; there was no guarantee that it was going to work at the time it was implemented. And it's working more because of Fiat's intervention, and let's not forget that we, the taxpayers, took a $1.3 billion dollar hit. Let's also remember that Chrysler's secured creditors were forced by the government to take 30 cents on the dollar in repayment.

I doubt it.

Fiat wouldn't have intervened in the first place if the government hadn't provided some guarantees and assurances they would "grease the wheels" of that deal, so to speak.

so much double-speak from conservatives when it comes to the auto-industry, it's ridiculous. on this issue, and on the issue of the government intervening in markets, they are unquestionably WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

MichChamp02 said:
I doubt it.

Fiat wouldn't have intervened in the first place if the government hadn't provided some guarantees and assurances they would "grease the wheels" of that deal, so to speak.

You have it backwards. Fiat negotiated a deal to reduce its liability to the U.S. and Canadian governments from its own $7.5 B bailout so it could buy deeper into Chrysler. Otherwise, the U.S. treasury wasn't going to let Fiat move from 30 percent to 46 percent ownership. It was nothing but a money shuffle.

"If General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won

part of the disconnect I see between the near unanimous GOP silence on TARP and the bank bailouts, and the outrage over the auto-company bailouts:

some of the bailout money & assistance to the auto companies finds its way into the pockets of union laborers as wages... THE HORROR.

whereas, the bank bailout money went to a bunch of rich assholes. the fact that the banks were responsible for the financial collapse in the first place, or that they now had massive GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION IN THE MARKET contrary to their constant blathering about the sanctity and efficiency of free markets was consequently of no consequence.

Back