Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Al Alburquerque on 7 day DL, Perry called up

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Al Alburquerque has a concussion and will be staying in the hospital overnight. He has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list with Ryan Perry recalled.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2011/08/tigers_al_alburquerque_to_be_k.html
Tigers' Al Alburquerque to be kept in hospital overnight, to go on 7-day concussion DL.
from Mlive

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2011/8/12/2360610/al-alburquerque-placed-on-dl-with-concussion-ryan-perry-recalled-by
Al Alburquerque placed on DL with concussion,
Ryan Perry recalled by Detroit.
from blessyouboystigersblog

Seems like it might be a good idea for all of the players on the field, to be wearing batting helmets during pre-game practice, since they all aren't looking towards HP most of the time, like they do during games.

Turok said:
Seems like it might be a good idea for all of the players on the field, to be wearing batting helmets during pre-game practice, since they all aren't looking towards HP most of the time, like they do during games.
i think more, bigger nets between the players working out and doing BP would be better lol. im trying to imagine working out in a batting helmet and it seems really awkward XD

This is very scary stuff.. The ball hit AA in the temple and they said there was some minor bleeding... I know they are saying it is a minor concussion but I am really worried about AL...Man I hope he makes a complete recovery.

One of those freak things that happen. Hope AL makes a speedy recovery since he's one of our better BP arms.

It is scary, remember how long Morneau was out :( Hope for a better result with AA

randyf10 said:
It is scary, remember how long Morneau was out :( Hope for a better result with AA

Exactly randy. Everyone reacts and heals differently. Couple weeks, month, 2 months.
It's not a good feeling for sure. Knocked out, concussions, hit in the face by a batted or pitched ball, it absolutely hurts big time.

Spockmaster said:
Turok said:
i think more, bigger nets between the players working out and doing BP would be better lol. im trying to imagine working out in a batting helmet and it seems really awkward XD

What's so awkward about wearing a batting helmet? The batters run the bases wearing them during games. Maybe that really isn't the "best" solution, but had that ball not bounced once before hitting Al-Al in the temple, it might have knocked him unconscious and put him in a coma, if not outright killed him, and obviously not a laughing matter as it was.

Turok said:
Spockmaster said:

What's so awkward about wearing a batting helmet? The batters run the bases wearing them during games. Maybe that really isn't the "best" solution, but had that ball not bounced once before hitting Al-Al in the temple, it might have knocked him unconscious and put him in a coma, if not outright killed him, and obviously not a laughing matter as it was.
when you're running yeah, but if you're movin all around stretching its gonna shift around unless its really tight.

Back