Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Giselle effs up Welker

Not just Welker though, that final drive was brutal.

Eli is a hero cause when he makes a shitty throw his WR's made highlight reel catches (Tyree, Manningham) that capped Super Bowl victories.

Yet the mighty Giant defense could not do much to stop NE's march down the field with less than 50 seconds to play, in the end the only real defense on that play was guys who did not make the catches.

Agreed thumb. couple horrid routes by branch. drops by welker, branch and hernandez late = failure. Giants stepped up and made plays, NE didnt. Gisele for gm?

MI_Thumb said:

Eli is a hero cause when he makes a shitty throw his WR's made highlight reel catches (Tyree, Manningham) that capped Super Bowl victories.

Yet the mighty Giant defense could not do much to stop NE's march down the field with less than 50 seconds to play, in the end the only real defense on that play was guys who did not make the catches.

That throw to Manningham was one of the best throws I have seen in a super bowl given the game situation.

tomdalton22 said:
MI_Thumb said:

That throw to Manningham was one of the best throws I have seen in a super bowl given the game situation.

It was a bad throw, only by almost superhuman reflexes did Manningham manage to get both feet inbounds, while landing and maintaining possession.

That play was 1% throw, 99% catch.

MI_Thumb said:
tomdalton22 said:

It was a bad throw, only by almost superhuman reflexes did Manningham manage to get both feet inbounds, while landing and maintaining possession.

You are nuts. There was only about a 2' x 2' window along the sideline that Eli could drop the ball in to make it a completion. I'm not taking anything away from the catch...it was great too. But the ball came down right over his shoulder and hit him in stride. Great throw and great catch.

MI_Thumb said:
tomdalton22 said:

You know absolutely ZERO about football then. The throw and catch was PHENOMENAL. Listen to Marshall Faulk talk about it to Coughlin after the game. He was in complete awe of the throw and catch. The throw was placed where nobody but the WR had the chance to make it and Mario made a super catch. It was great on both players. Give me a fn break, dude....

The ball was thrown where only a phenomenal catch, and toe drag makes it a completion, if you're trying to suggest that that was Eli's intention (for Manningham to make a catch that will be talked about for the next 10 super bowls) then fine.

I see it as Manningham making a catch on a ball that's an incompletion 99 out of 100 times.

MI_Thumb said:
The ball was thrown where only a phenomenal catch, and toe drag makes it a completion, if you're trying to suggest that that was Eli's intention (for Manningham to make a catch that will be talked about for the next 10 super bowls) then fine.

I see it as Manningham making a catch on a ball that's an incompletion 99 out of 100 times.

You are right...it is an incompletion 99 out of 100 times because of the extremely tight window where Eli placed the ball and the great job by MM keeping his feet in bounds. You are nuts if you think that completion was 99% MM and 1% Eli. The more difficult part of that completion was the throw.

MI_Thumb said:
The ball was thrown where only a phenomenal catch, and toe drag makes it a completion....

Exactly.

What other option did Manning have in the situation?

MI_Thumb said:

Buddy, are you listening to yourself? YES, it was a phenomenal catch but the throw was just as phenomenal. He stuck it in a place where NOBODY but Manningham had a shot at the ball. The Safety couldn't get to it and the CB wasn't even close. He dropped it in beautifully.

Good for you that you see it that way because that type of throw does happen whether you want to believe it or not. Peyton made a living on it for years. The throw was unbelievable and the catch was unbelievable....end of fn story. If you want to sit there and judge the catch better while saying Mario "bailed" out Eli, SO BE IT. You're dead wrong.

When you have guys like Faulk, Deion, Irving busting a nut over the throw, i'm taking their words over yours any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sorry, man.....

I just watched that play and the throw was spectacular. IMO, it was a better throw than catch. Great catch but the perfect throw.

Back