Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scott Sizemore Watch

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
He's becoming a part time player. What I mean is, against RH pitching this season:

.200 .300 .309

His average and OBP is very eerie to his Detroit numbers. Of course the Tigers' got Purcey the crap. But Betemit for nothing makes up for it. We have Guillen but got rid of Inge. They cross each other out.

Sizemore is and always will be a bum and that's why we got rid of him.

I was not upset with the trade of Sizemore, he just didn't look like he could hit Major League pitching. A lot of guys get hot at the plate right after a trade, but it didn't last. That's the thing about baseball, there are about 500 guys who can put together a great month, maybe even 2, but there are only a few guys per team that can produce month after month and year after year. We know what we traded in Sizemore, Wells, and Furbush. These guys are role players who add depth and can occasionally get hot, but they aren't ever going to be consistent contributors at this level.

That's what I said about Jurgens earlier this year too. I didn't think he could do it for a whole season, I was right, he was not pitching well before he got injured(6.26 ERA his last 4 starts). Jurgens will have a good career, but he'll never be the type of horse you need at the top of your rotation. Doesn't mean we couldn't have used him this year though.

stonecold2136 said:
Sizemore had a bad glove thats why he was shipped out of town

but yet Raburn gets a free pass... The Tigers confuse me from time to time.

Raburn is a vet who gets hot for s short time in half 2. Whether you like it or not Sizemore was always going to be the odd man out between him and Mudhen. Unfortunately we didn't get a better RP.

He was better then Purcey and it seems like DD got nothing in return for a kid who had a great track record in Triple A... DD sold way to low on Scott.. At least he has won 2 or 3 games for Oakland.

Oh wait Purcey is gone now so we did get nothing for Scott.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]He was better then Purcey and it seems like DD got nothing in return for a kid who had a great track record in Triple A... DD sold way to low on Scott.. At least he has won 2 or 3 games for Oakland.

Oh wait Purcey is gone now so we did get nothing for Scott.

Unless he pitched and scored and knocked in every run those games he didn't win jack. He helped, he was part of those wins. And he might have even had keys hits. :) .

Anyway, Sizemore is a. 240 hitter. Who hits .200 against RH. Purcey might be junk but Sizemore will soon be a part time player before he's either waived or released.

He did.. Scott had a game winning Home run in a game and a go ahead triple in another game... I think there was a third game we was a major help in.. There is no question that DD sold way to low on Scott. Prof of this is in the fact that purcey is no longer with the team..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]He did.. Scott had a game winning Home run in a game and a go ahead triple in another game... I think there was a third game we was a major help in.. There is no question that DD sold way to low on Scott. Prof of this is in the fact that purcey is no longer with the team..

My point is other players help in those games before Sizemore got his home run. That's like saying a RB won the game on a 40 yard TD run but not reqlizing the blocked was part of that as well. And the 7 TD passes by the QB.

Back