Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

McDonald's All American Teams Announced

johnny2x2x

Only 2 for the Big Ten (Harris and Ferrell)

EAST
Kyle Anderson (No. 5, UCLA)
DaJuan Coleman (No. 11, Syracuse)
Kris Dunn (No. 24, Providence)
Perry Ellis (No. 33, Kansas)
Shaq Goodwin (No. 21, Memphis)
Gary Harris (No. 16, Michigan State)
Amile Jefferson (No. 14, Uncommitted)
Tyler Lewis (No. 55, NC State)
Tony Parker (No. 22, Uncommitted)
Alex Poythress (No. 13, Kentucky)
Rodney Purvis (No. 18, NC State)
T.J. Warren (No. 25, NC State)

WEST
Brandon Ashley (No. 4, Arizona)
Isaiah Austin (No. 8, Baylor)
Anthony Bennett (No. 15, Uncommitted)
Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell (No. 27, Indiana)
Archie Goodwin (No. 7, Kentucky)
Grant Jerrett (No. 23, Arizona)
Shabazz Muhammad (No. 2, Uncommitted)
Marcus Paige (No. 28, North Carolina)
Devonta Pollard (No. 20, Uncommitted)
Cameron Ridley (No. 9, Texas)
Marcus Smart (No. 10, Oklahoma State)
Rasheed Sulaimon (No. 12, Duke)

Good to see Harris making All American, he's having a great senior season. He's also grown 2 inches and is a legitimate 6-6 now. Kid can jump out of the gym too. He's also very young for a high school senior, I don't think he's turned 17 yet.

3rd year in a row that Izzo has snagged a McDonald's AA too, Appling, Dawson, and now Harris.

As excited as I am to see Harris in Green, I think Matt Costello is the most under rated recruit in the Country. He'll be our Mr. basketball this year and is averaging 25.3 pts, 19.2 rebs, and 5.6 blocks this year for Bay City Western who plays in a very tough conference. He's also filled out nicely at 6-10, 245 lbs now with some people saying he's closer to 6-11. Kid can shoot and will play the 4 in college.

[quote author=everyoneneedsasmil board=sparty thread=5376 post=124634 time=1328892708]Are we still in the running for Shabazz?[/quote

No, our class is finished with 4 players. 2013 is where it gets interesting though. Jabari Parker is very much in play for us, we're in his top 3 and some would say we're the favorite. Parker is the best high school player since Lebron, he'll be a 1 and done, but that 1 year with what our roster could look like would have a great chance to win it all.

We've got a very good class, Harris will start right off the bat and Costello and Valentine will get quality minutes. Kaminski could be a depth guy or redshirt.

I've raved about Costello, but Denzel Valentine is having a great year and is a 6-5 point guard who is averaging 15 ppg, 12 rpg, and 9.7 apg, almost a triple double. He's a legacy recruit and is being talked about as the best passer we've brought in since maybe Mateen Cleaves or even Magic.

Well, here's hoping on Parker. Harris, if he really is 6-5 or 6-6 now, could have a huge future in front of him. Guys with his kind of athleticism that can also shoot are few and far between. A 2013-2014 lineup of Appling (assuming he stays), Harris, Dawson, Parker, and Payne (again assuming he stays) could be dominant.

brianpaul1976 said:
Glenn robinson 111 dropped 30 on Harris last week.

Again? I know he did back in November.

Really can't believe Robinson didn't get named to the team.

brianpaul1976 said:
Glenn robinson 111 dropped 30 on Harris last week.

They played each other back at the start of the year not last week. Robinson did score 30 although Gary Harris lead his team to a 79-64 victory with 25 points, 6 rebs and 4 assists and 5 steals. Future U of M baller Zak Irvin added 19 for the winning team and guarded Robinson for most of the game.

Robinson is a very good player and he'll be the best player for U of M out of this class IMO. What I like about Gary Harris outside of the freakish athleticism is by all accounts he's one of the best defenders in the State of Indiana and works really hard at it. It's between he and Yogi Ferrell for Indiana's Mr. basketball.

He'll definitely stay at the 2 in college. He plays on a team with several future Division I players and has averaged:

25.1 pts 8.2 rebs, 4.0 assists and 4.6 steals per game while shooting 53.1% from the field.

He's a good free throw shooter at 78.7% and makes almost 40% of his 3 point shots. The film I've watched of him makes me think of Durrell Summers but a much better ball handler and defender. Needs to develop a mid range game. Is a very hard worker and appears very humble.

Here's some highlights with a reverse 360 dunk he had early this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQk4qctENIY&feature=fvwrel

Here's a video of highlights from when Robinson and Harris played each other. Pretty impressive players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBciml3eAhs

Actually Robinson looks like a far better athlete than harris.I was really impressed after watching film on him.Looks like he is about to get his fifth star also.

Far better athlete? I don't know if you watched the video above but he isn't far better(if at all). They both are great athletes.

Back