Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I see you Papa Grande

karmagnet

34/34 - simply incredible, we've come a long way since todd jones and fernando rodney *shudders*

If I remember correctly Rodney was 37-38 in save oppunities his last year here. Great season.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If I remember correctly Rodney was 37-38 in save oppunities his last year here. Great season.

Yeah but everyone knows how a Rodney save went...give up 2 runs to hold on by 1, walk the bases loaded and get someone to ground into a dp etc.. Valverde has his moments as well but I think everyone is a whole lot more comfortable when Grande comes into the game.

I don't care. A closer had one responsibility, to close games. Nothing else.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't care. A closer had one responsibility, to close games. Nothing else.

This.

I was arguing last night on the ESPN MLB General board with a Sox fan who was arguing that Santos was the best closer in the Central because his ERA and WHIP were better then Valverdes.

I don't care if Valverde's ERA is 8.00, as long as he is closing out every game.

Todd Jones was pretty good too, people forget cause he made every 9th such a nail biter.

Back