Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Big win over OSU

johnny2x2x

Wow, that was a good win in a tough place. We played great defense and wore them down.

MSU is up to 4th in the RPI and we have the 2nd toughest schedule in the country and 1st toughest projected schedule in the country. If selection Sunday were today we would probably get a #1 seed, at worst a #2.

Proud of this season and to see this team grow. Not bad for a "rebuilding" year. This team is looking ready for the Tourney.

This is Izzo's best coaching job, he should be in consideration for all of the COTY awards after the season.

Izzy has done a good job this year.......but it is in no way his best season. His use of Byrd & Guana in any circumstance is mystifying.....and Dawson only averaging 21 min/game is borderline insanity.

I still love him though.

Also, we would be a #2 seed right now. Duke/N.C., Syracuse, Kentucky and Missouri would get 1 seeds.

I disagree, you have to get Guana and Byrd minutes. They will never develop into contributors without some playing time. Austin Thornton got all kinds of minutes last year and was terrible at times, he's developed into a solid player now, which I never thought was possible.

This is a team that was not ranked to start the year, we lost Summers and Lucas after losing Lucious and Allen earlier in the year. That's a ton of back court talent gone. A couple bounces and we could be 22-3 or 23-2. I think Izzo has gotten these kids to completely buy into the system and you are starting to see them gel. Could be a special team.

What a huge win. It was a hard fought physical game and we now control our own B1G championship destiny. This team has far exceeded my expectations.

I also have more disdain for that bitch Sullenger.. That pussy ass was still running his mouth after the game. Something like " Most of my turnovers were the result of missed shots " and " There was a lot of fouls not called, typical in the B1G ", LOL, WHAT ? This fucktard gets more calls than anybody and he still bitches. I guess he learned from his Dad, Ol' man boobs himself was also running his mouth about missed calls and his poor son having to adjust his game to the refs. Shut the Fuck up and play ball, your one of the best in the league, you shouldn't have to count on the refs to make your game better, AND, if anyone should complain about missed calls, its any player EVER guarded by Craft. He is ALWAYS making contact and hardly ever gets called for it, truly amazing.

johnny2x2x said:
I disagree, you have to get Guana and Byrd minutes. They will never develop into contributors without some playing time. Austin Thornton got all kinds of minutes last year and was terrible at times, he's developed into a solid player now, which I never thought was possible.

This is a team that was not ranked to start the year, we lost Summers and Lucas after losing Lucious and Allen earlier in the year. That's a ton of back court talent gone. A couple bounces and we could be 22-3 or 23-2. I think Izzo has gotten these kids to completely buy into the system and you are starting to see them gel. Could be a special team.

The thing that makes me feel good about our chances in March, is the Road wins. You don't play on your home court in the dance, so if you can win on the road, your that much further ahead. Gonzaga, Wisky, OSU are real good road wins amd it shows that these guys can play anywhere, except on a ship.

Up to 7th in the AP and 8th in the coaches poll.

For the 1st time, I am convinced we are a top 10 team.

greenandwhite95 said:
What a huge win. It was a hard fought physical game and we now control our own B1G championship destiny. ....

Every team in the Big Ten controls their own destiny.

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:
What a huge win. It was a hard fought physical game and we now control our own B1G championship destiny. ....

Hence the words NOW and B1G CHAMPIONSHIP. We win out, we are champs. UM wins out, you are not. So yeah, I would say we control our own B1G championship destiny. Moron.

greenandwhite95 said:
DR said:

Hence the words NOW and B1G CHAMPIONSHIP. We win out, we are champs. UM wins out, you are not. So yeah, I would say we control our own B1G championship destiny. Moron.

Geez, don't know why you'd bust out the name calling. Don't see what I've ever done to deserve that. I was just joking about the tournament putting everyone on equal footing. You are mean.

DR said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Geez, don't know why you'd bust out the name calling. Don't see what I've ever done to deserve that. I was just joking about the tournament putting everyone on equal footing. You are mean.

I wasn't name calling.

I agree. The word "Moron" in the 3rd sentence of your post might refer to some other person, not DR.

MichChamp02 said:
I agree. The word "Moron" in the 3rd sentence of your post might refer to some other person, not DR.
The fact that he quoted DR is purely coincidental.

MichChamp02 said:

No, it was. How is this name calling ? Everyone at some point in their life has done something stupid ( like go to UM ) and said " Man, I'm such a moron ". In some cases, people just need to be reminded when they are a moron. This is one of them. The word is not ALWAYS meant in offense. I'm sure DR isn't mentally incapacitated or a very stupid person, he just had one of his moments.

This team is good, very good, back to back stellar performances against a top 3 team and then a top 20 team. Tough road games coming up @ Purdue and @ Minny, win both of them and the Title will be within reach, it's probably going to come down to the last game against OSU.

i love on the red cedar board Ohio was a huge win against a great team when sparty beats them, now they are terrible and have a horrible coach and Sullinger is crap.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]i love on the red cedar board Ohio was a huge win against a great team when sparty beats them, now they are terrible and have a horrible coach and Sullinger is crap.

When we beat OSU, they were a great team. Now they just suck, and Matta can't coach, and Sullenger wont even make the NBA now. :)

Back