Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pretty clear.

nattyiceman2

It's pretty clear it's time to part ways with Ben Gordon in my opinion... Probably not going find any suitors with that contract, so we might as well you use amnesty and free up the 12 million a year or so that we are paying him. He has looked straight up garbage sense being here, and he isn't apart of a rebuilding process so I think it's time for Dumars to admitt his mistake and move on. Daye looks horrible as well, I know he is young but he is so goofy and unathletic.. I've never seen a long 6'11 player struggle so much at dunking or completing an ally-oop...

The problem is, since we would be paying him the full contract anyway, getting rid of him much give us a boost in some way. We don't have another 2-guard beyond Stuckey. If we had a young guy (say if we get caught in the back 10 of the draft and pick up Lamb/Beal) opening the minutes would be enough in itself. But otherwise, we would need Knight more at the 2 (where he should not be developing) or Daye, or whomever else is a pretty bad fit.

Getting him off the cap only matters for two reasons - luxury tax and free agents. Neither really come into play for us. We are well under the luxury limit, and won't be making big investments until Monroe is extended (won't kick in for another 3 years). And let's be honest, no good free agents are coming here. The team is in shambles, the front office as a whole looks like they don't know what they are doing, and the Detroit economy is dead. We don't have market or weather. Getting the 12 million cap space (even though he still gets paid) doesn't serve us any purpose yet.

Can we get rid of the National Enquirer's BatBoy Charlie V?

Back