Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NUMBER 20!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Big dogs scored tonight.... Datsuyk, Zetterberg,and Franzen, and Kronwall.... Wish it was that other defensemen but i will take it....LOL

Pretty damn good right there. And I was thinking the same thing about the stars showing up tonight. Free agents have to being hoping like hell that Kenny comes calling.

I just hope Kenny pulls off a spectacular deal at the deadline to bring the cup back to Detroit..

Yea that was a good game, it was nice to see the big boys show up and contribute, but I am really hoping that Howard comes back soon- its only a matter of time until McDonald costs the team a game..(he almost did tonight).

http://detroit.sbnation.com/2012/2/12/2794160/flyers-vs-red-wings-philadelphia-tries-to-defend-home-win-streak
Red Wings Vs. Flyers: Detroit Ties NHL Record With 20th Straight Home Win.
from DetroitSBNation

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/video?videoid=88bf9c32-1af9-4b1b-967b-bbdada710677&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink
Webvideo of Red Wings 20th consecutive home game win.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/02/12/12.... 02&feedID=3701
Red Wings tie record with 20th straight home win.

from DetroitFox

4-3 wow...too close for comfort for any Red Wings fans who watched the game or were @ JLA after Franzen scored very early in the 3rd period, now the next "goal" obviously is to break the three-way tied 20 straight home-win NHL franchise record being shared with the 1929-30 Boston Bruins and ironically enough, the 1975-76 Philadelphia Flyers, whose team conveniently lost to the Red Wings last night, to help clear the way for the Red Wings to try to break it...lol.

Turok said:
4-3 wow...too close for comfort for any Red Wings fans who watched the game or were @ JLA after Franzen scored very early in the 3rd period, now the next "goal" obviously is to break the three-way tied 20 straight home-win NHL franchise record being shared with the 1929-30 Boston Bruins and ironically enough, the 1975-76 Philadelphia Flyers, whose team conveniently lost to the Red Wings last night, to help clear the way for the Red Wings to try to break it...lol.

I know but with all of the shootouts lately this was a blow out....LOL :)

I was scared when Talbot scored to give them Flyers the lead, but Zetterberg came right back and tied it.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I was scared when Talbot scored to give them Flyers the lead, but Zetterberg came right back and tied it.

I will never ever forget what Talbot did in that game i will not mention. I hate him forever, when NBC showed highlights from that i almost threw my remote through my tv.

mabre321 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I was scared when Talbot scored to give them Flyers the lead, but Zetterberg came right back and tied it.

I will never ever forget what Talbot did in that game i will not mention. I hate him forever, when NBC showed highlights from that i almost threw my remote through my tv.

This winning streak has been awesome its been especially impressive without Howard in net. Not to be a debby downer but i do think it is important to point out the other teams that are on the winning steak list did not have the shootout so there was a chance for a tie sometime during those streaks making those IMO a little more impressive. That being said there is a reason that no other teams have come close recently to touching this record so there still is a ton of credit to hand out to this team.

Those Ding-bats on ESPN PTI said the feat should have a asterisk because of the four wins the Wings got in a shoot-out.

Back