Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

More Jim Bunning

Liked his pitching career, but despise his political career.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tycobb420 said:

Ty, nice article, we both enjoy Tigers history as weel as all baseball from bygone eras.
Don Keko does a very good job of bring all the past stories of our Tigers to the forefront in all the stories he has written and you have added to the message boards.
the sox pitcher was Frank Sullivan though, not Fred.

I subscribe so I figured I'd share.

I heard the last part of the game when Williams flew out to Kaline..I was 18 at the time..

tiggs95 said:
I heard the last part of the game when Williams flew out to Kaline..I was 18 at the time..

Tiggs/Danny, you were a kid during and right after WWII. You must have seen some war time baseball, with Newhouser and Virgil Trucks.

Uncle Charlie said once at yankee stadium he was watching Prince Hal warm up and every pitch he threw had movement left to right, said Trucks nickname of 'Fire" was legit. Dad said Newhouser and Feller were two of the best back then, Allie Reynolds, too.

Back