Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade rumors : Where does Nash end up?

biggunsbob

Certainly we won't trade for him because he is going to cost to much but where does he end up? Post any news you can find guys...

By Jamie Fitzpatrick, About.com Guide

Feb 13 2012
Our NHL trade rumors are gathered from media and online sources around the hockey world. You can also consult our index of previously reported trade rumors.

Darren Dreger at TSN reports that buyers currently outnumber sellers in the NHL, which explains the lack of trade activity in February. Dreger says many borderline or non-playoff teams become reluctant to move assets if the team hits a hot streak. (A case in point would be the New York Islanders, who have played well of late, prompting the team to declare that G Evgeni Nabokov will not be dealt.) Or they hold out for the best possible deal, which could mean waiting until deadline day.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun says the Rangers could have a blockbuster deal in the works to acquire Blue Jackets F Rick Nash. Garrioch says the package demanded by Columbus could include C Brandon Dubinsky, prospect C Chris Kreider from Boston College and a number-one draft pick.
Garrioch also reports that the Predators will not trade D Ryan Suter (unrestricted free agent in 2012) or D Shea Weber (restricted free agent in 2012), but might be interested in getting Oilers F Ales Hemsky if the price is right.
Garrioch says Sabres F Derek Roy would be a good fit with the Blackhawks, and Ducks D Lubomir Visnovsky might be just the kind of affordable veteran the Flyers need to shore up the defense.
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch says F Jeff Carter remains on the market, with Calgary and Los Angeles as two possible destinations. He speculates that G Jonathan Bernier would be demanded in any deal with the Kings, D Jay Bouwmeester might be the centerpiece of a trade with the Flames.
Sabres F Paul Gaustad is surfacing in a variety of rumors. He's an unrestricted free agent this summer, so the asking price would likely be modest.
F Brad Boyes is another Sabre due to be an unrestricted free agent this summer. He would surely e an attractive target for teams seeking scoring depth.
David Shoalts of the Globe and Mail says Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman needs a goaltender to stop the team's recent slide. Islanders G Evgeni Nabokov is ideal, but not available. Shoalts says Oilers G Nikolai Khabibulin might be an option.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal floats the possibility that Oilers F Ales Hemsky could end up in Nashville, with the Predators shipping rookie D Jonathon Blum to Edmonton.
Will the Bruins be active? It's hard to imagine them messing with the forward roster. But for defensive insurance, various sources say Boston might pursue Flames D Scott Hannan or D Cory Sarich, Hurricanes D Bryan Allen or D Jaroslav Spacek, Jets D Johnny Oduya, Islanders D Milan Jurcina or D Mark Eaton, or Coyotes D Adrian Aucoin.
With the Devils solidly in the midst of the Eastern Conference playoff race, there's practically no chance the team will trade F Zach Parise this season. They are facing a July 1 deadline to re-sign him, or he'll be the star of this year's free agent crop.
The Oilers have signed a one-year contract extension with D Andy Sutton, removing him from the trade market.
Capitals F Mike Knuble has been a healthy scratch lately. Several sources say he might end up in San Jose, but it's unlikely the Sharks or anyone won't give up much for a 39-year-old whose scoring production has dried up this season.

Nothing too surprising. I think Nash will be traded along with Jeff Carter. I wouldn't rule out the Maple Leafs.

Parise, Suter, Weber will all stay put and the teams will trade their rights after the season.

We have lots of cap room. We have some guys to trade. I love Nash, I've said I would love him in a Wings jersey for years. He would make us a cup favorite(like when we picked up Hossa) immediately. He is exactly what we need. Get Nick another cup!

Yeah it would be nice to Add Nash but we may have to give up too much to get him plus do we really have elite prospects the Jackets are looking for. It would take a lot of players..

evolutionkb said:
Ericsson, Hudler, and two prospects(Tatar, Brunnstrom)

I think you ride Hudler's hot season and trade him in the off season..It seems too much for my tastes..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
evolutionkb said:
Ericsson, Hudler, and two prospects(Tatar, Brunnstrom)

I think you ride Hudler's hot season and trade him in the off season..It seems too much for my tastes..

I Actually dont think that's enough to land Nash..

Nash is one of the best power forwards in the league, plus he is on a team within our division. The last team the blue jackets want to trade their franchise player to is the Wings, therefor I think if we were to get him (very unlikely) it would require Filpula and two top prospects (Nyquist,smith, tatar, emmerton type guys). If I were Kenny I would think long and hard about trading for Nash since he is under contract for 7 more seasons and has a cap hit of 7.45 million. With a new CBA coming up again I don't think you want to be tied up for 7 years in anybody at close to 8 million per season.

That being said I really do expect the wings to make a fairly significant move before the trade deadline. They have enough cap space to sign a big name guy and I think Kenny sees that this team is good enough to win the cup.

I can see the Wings going after Selanne, Carter, Rutuu, Smyth,Hemsky, Roy, Doan, Vanek, among others..

Personally, I don't think they need to sell the farm for an elite player, I would be thrilled with a top 6 right handed winger. If the wings can snatch up one of those - I really like their chances to make a run in thre playoffs.

tbone413 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

I Actually dont think that's enough to land Nash..

Nash is one of the best power forwards in the league, plus he is on a team within our division. The last team the blue jackets want to trade their franchise player to is the Wings, therefor I think if we were to get him (very unlikely) it would require Filpula and two top prospects (Nyquist,smith, tatar, emmerton type guys). If I were Kenny I would think long and hard about trading for Nash since he is under contract for 7 more seasons and has a cap hit of 7.45 million. With a new CBA coming up again I don't think you want to be tied up for 7 years in anybody at close to 8 million per season.

That being said I really do expect the wings to make a fairly significant move before the trade deadline. They have enough cap space to sign a big name guy and I think Kenny sees that this team is good enough to win the cup.

I can see the Wings going after Selanne, Carter, Rutuu, Smyth,Hemsky, Roy, Doan, Vanek, among others..

Personally, I don't think they need to sell the farm for an elite player, I would be thrilled with a top 6 right handed winger. If the wings can snatch up one of those - I really like their chances to make a run in thre playoffs.

Doan would be nice but i would take any of those you list..

I am beginning to expect very little at the deadline. If we do pick someone up, I think it will be a vet grinder. Let's face it, the Wings aren't a team that NEEDS to make a trade to compete. Factor in our seeding and home dominance, and we could be set as is to win it all.

Moreover, the guys we want will all be UFAs next year, and we'll have money to spend. Why give up a bunch of our prospects/picks for Suter-Parise now, when we can just get them in the offseason? Our cap space should actually increase in the offseason. No one is really in for a big raise, and Stuart is probably moving West anyway. Suter would be a perfect replacement (admittedly more expensive). And if Parise is intersted, we could open up a top 2 line position and have the salary by letting Hudler go.

Blue Jackets really want a Goalie prospect in return.

Nash trade would be hard for us. Tatar or Nyquist and Brendan Smith and Hudler

everyoneneedsasmil said:
I am beginning to expect very little at the deadline. If we do pick someone up, I think it will be a vet grinder. Let's face it, the Wings aren't a team that NEEDS to make a trade to compete. Factor in our seeding and home dominance, and we could be set as is to win it all.

Moreover, the guys we want will all be UFAs next year, and we'll have money to spend. Why give up a bunch of our prospects/picks for Suter-Parise now, when we can just get them in the offseason? Our cap space should actually increase in the offseason. No one is really in for a big raise, and Stuart is probably moving West anyway. Suter would be a perfect replacement (admittedly more expensive). And if Parise is intersted, we could open up a top 2 line position and have the salary by letting Hudler go.

True, but remember that Nashville and New Jersey will trade the rights of Suter/Weber/Parise if they cannot resign them in the offseason. We will have to trade some prospects/picks away no matter what to get 1 or 2 of these players.

Also, latest news has Stuart coming back and not moving west. We will see.

can see him going to the Maple Leafs for a package of Schenn , Kadri and Gustaffson.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
everyoneneedsasmil said:

True, but remember that Nashville and New Jersey will trade the rights of Suter/Weber/Parise if they cannot resign them in the offseason. We will have to trade some prospects/picks away no matter what to get 1 or 2 of these players.

Also, latest news has Stuart coming back and not moving west. We will see.

Trading the rights to a UFA nets very little in return, a third round pick at best. Remember, it's not like the team that trades for early negotiation rights is guaranteed to get the player to sign. Remember Ehrhoff had his rights traded twice because the first team couldn't get a deal done. I wouldn't be put off if we traded some lower value picks for the early negotiation rights, but let's be real. The cost of getting someone in the offseason is significantly less than getting them now.

I need to catch up on the Stuart chatter. But at the same time, if Suter says he wants to come, we would want Stuart off the books anyway.

I really dont see the wings making any huge moves at the deadline the team is really set and as i have said before there is way too many buyers and not enough sellers.

There is no way Nash ends up in Det. just because of the division thing as much as i would love it.

I agree with the poster above i think if we get anyone it will be a gritty vet. I would very much like to see Phoenix lose alot in the next week because Shane Doan would look very good in Red. Also that would keep him from running our whole defensive core in the playoffs if the wings end up playing Phoenix . I have always respected the way Doan plays the game even though he is always tough on the Wings, i would really like to see him win a cup before he retires. And he will certainly not get one in Phoenix.

I think that this team is good enough to make a run - but the key thing is depth..last year the wings were looking good but then they lost Zetterberg for the playoffs and things went downhill from there- I don't see the wing trading anyone from their top 3 lines, if they make a trade the wings will most likely part with some mid level prospects and some draft picks. Ive listed some potential players ive heard chatter about, but who knows if Kenny will make a move or not.

Back