Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Festival thread

dannydiggler

Haven't found anything worth the money..

Summercamp - 3 nights of Umphrey's is awesome but Primus is the only other band I would pay money to see. Sorry to Moe and Govt Mule fans.

Electric Forest - Not a String Cheese fan, Sound Tribe hasn't been good in years and Dubstep sucks. They will never get my money.

Roo - So much money and its full of douchebags. Good not great lineup for the money. Phish, RHCP, Umphrey's, John Medeski, Flying Lotus, and The Roots.... The only bands/ DJ I would pay money to see.

All Good - Nothing stellar about this lineup. Not a huge fan of Further, STS9 (lately) and MOE. Umphrey's will be there. Lot of decent shows not worth the amount of money.

That's all I've really checked out so far. They always add to the lineups so something might push me. I'll wait for Camp Bisco's lineup to come out. Although it's been dubstep heavy the past few years.

This is my realistic dream festival.

2 nights Umphrey's
2 nights Disco Biscuits
The Chemical Brothers
Medeski, Martin and Wood
Primus/C2B3/Frog Brigade/Les Solo (any will do)
Lotus
Ween
MSTRKRFT
Justice
Buckethead
The New Deal
The Breakfast
Bernie Worrell
Of Montreal
The Malah
Neon Indian
Flying Lotus
Digital Tape Machine
Omega Moos
Cut Chemist
Dr Dog
Crystal Method
Freekbass
Lettuce
Toubab Krewe

Texxas Jam I went to once. Held at the Cotten Bowl. It was incredible. Not sure they still have it. Btw, another beauty. Great face, smile and body.

I can't believe Ultra is already sold out. Damn that was fast. I went a couple years back. It was a blast. One can have so much fun in Miami.

Lineup-wise Coachella or Sasquatch is usually the best for me. There's no chance in hell I'll go to Coachella to bake in the desert with a bunch of fucks, but I could possibly see myself headed out to Sasquatch at some point down the road. Seems like that would be pretty fun, and I have family in Washington that I've never visited so I could make a week of it. With two babies under 2 I'm definitely not in the position to make any trips at the moment, but my wife is a big music lover as well so hopefully we get the chance.

DR said:
http://www.coachella.com/lineup

Pretty good.

Depends on what you like. Not really for me and too far / too much money. Coechella is like Roo's little brother. Always the same type of festival. One great thing about it is there are more hot girls than any other festival world wide. And all are rollin. UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ.. Haha

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
DR said:
http://www.coachella.com/lineup

Pretty good.

Depends on what you like. Not really for me and too far / too much money. Coechella is like Roo's little brother. Always the same type of festival. One great thing about it is there are more hot girls than any other festival world wide. And all are rollin. UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ.. Haha

Yeah, of course it depends on your personal taste. They do rotate a handful of acts between the two festivals, but Coachella doesn't have any of the jam band/bluegrass/etc acts that Roo has, but has more of the indie/hipster stuff, some of which I like, some of which is unfortunate, like the Killers. But as years go by they definitely are getting closer and closer.

Yeah, the scenery and party favors would be something, but man, fuck the sun. Of course I'm talking to someone who lives in Florida..

DR said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

Yeah, of course it depends on your personal taste. They do rotate a handful of acts between the two festivals, but Coachella doesn't have any of the jam band/bluegrass/etc acts that Roo has, but has more of the indie/hipster stuff, some of which I like, some of which is unfortunate, like the Killers. But as years go by they definitely are getting closer and closer.

Yeah, the scenery and party favors would be something, but man, fuck the sun. Of course I'm talking to someone who lives in Florida..

Roo only gets like 1 or 2 jambands a year now.. Pretty sad. Not sure I'll ever be back.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
DR said:

Roo only gets like 1 or 2 jambands a year now.. Pretty sad. Not sure I'll ever be back.

Yeah, it definitely is dwindling, but the jambands that are there do usually take up a prominant slot as a headliner or close to it, and there is still a variety that you don't see at most festivals.
Can't blame someone like yourself for turning your back on the festival though, they sure did the same to you. But hey, now you get the chance to see someone like Kanye..

Camp Bisco's lineup finally came out.
http://www.campbisco.net/artists.php
Every year I think about going because the Biscuits play 3 nights (their festival). I just really wish dubstep would die. It's a waste to people over the age of 18 looking for a decent festival. I hate Bassnectar and Skrillex with a passion. I can't believe they are considered headliners. Not a fan of Atmosphere. Crystal Castles is alright. I would see Big Boi, wish Andre was there. Spongle is a trip and fun live. A-Trak would be fun late night. Lotus is always good I've seen them 5 times already. Daedelus is kind of cool. Brother's Past is a really good band, never seen them but have heard quite a few shows. Future Rock is decent. Kung Fu is a good jazzy jam band. Hope they add a better headliner in a few weeks. If they add Umphrey's or someone huge like The Chemical Brothers or Justice I'll be on my way to NY.

No Ultra fest for you?

I wish.. I went a few years back and it's a riot. It sold out like 4 months ago. I'd love to catch the Justice, Flying Lotus and Neon Indian sets. Armin Van buuren, DJ Shadow and Carl Cox would be awesome too.

Nope, I've only been online once for a few minutes since I posted it. Just threw it on now, surprisingly good quality! Looks like Flying Lotus is tomorrow at 4:40, gonna try to catch that for sure.

Nope, I've only been online once for a few minutes since I posted it. Just threw it on now, surprisingly good quality! Looks like Flying Lotus is tomorrow at 4:40, gonna try to catch that for sure.

Yep. Can't wait to see what he's been working on. I haven't heard a show in a year or so..

On a separate note Justice is on at 9:40 tonight. You should check it out. I'm sure they'll broadcast it.

Back