Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Question for people who moved away from Michigan

dannydiggler

Does anyone else miss Hudsonville ice cream? The Grand Traverse Cherry, Mackinac Fudge and the deertracks are off the chain. I haven't found anything close to that quality here.

MichChamp02 said:
I miss Better Made potato chips sometimes.

Crazy, on my way home from work I stopped by Food Town and picked up some Better Made chips for the first time in my life.

(and some Double Trouble, Diggs, hahahaha)

DR said:
MichChamp02 said:
I miss Better Made potato chips sometimes.

Crazy, on my way home from work I stopped by Food Town and picked up some Better Made chips for the first time in my life.

(and some Double Trouble, Diggs, hahahaha)

I've cut most carbs out of my diet, and definitely all fries, potato chips, pasta, etc. but in a perfect world, I would be able to sit and eat Better Made waves chips with french onion dip all day long.

Soooooo good...

I gotta call someone up there and have them hold on to a couple cases for me.

MichChamp02 said:
DR said:
Man, no potatoes or pasta? Insanity

it's been a rough adjustment so far. I feel hungry all the time.

Drinking a ton of water?

If it is medically necessary I guess I'd do what I have to do, but I don't think losing weight will ever be important enough for me to cut carbs out.

doctor said I have high blood pressure. he told me to cut out carbs.

from everything I've read, eating less is generally a good thing, as long as you're otherwise getting enough nutrients. it's the excess carbs that result in wear and tear on your body.

I rather take pills and eat the foods I like. Not eating pasta is like an offense against mankind.

High blood pressure, I guess that would do it. I'll probably be on a health kick soon, my wife is ready to start running again now that she's 6 weeks out from giving birth, so I'll be attempting to keep up.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I rather take pills and eat the foods I like. Not eating pasta is like an offense against mankind.

I hate treating potatoes like junk food.

Red and Guilty said:
[quote="Mitch":ez1k9zat]I rather take pills and eat the foods I like. Not eating pasta is like an offense against mankind.

I hate treating potatoes like junk food.[/quote:ez1k9zat]

if you need lots of carbs, they are a good source.

the avg. person doesn't need as much as they take in. plus, they usually load them with salt, butter, sour cream, cheese, etc. which is a bit much

Not me, I love baked potatoes with just a little bit of butter. Love mashed potatoes too, but only add butter and milk, no sour cream and/or cream cheese like a lot of people do.

I could live on potatoes.

DR said:
Not me, I love baked potatoes with just a little bit of butter. Love mashed potatoes too, but only add butter and milk, no sour cream and/or cream cheese like a lot of people do.

that's nice

MichChamp02 said:
Red and Guilty said:
I hate treating potatoes like junk food.

if you need lots of carbs, they are a good source.

the avg. person doesn't need as much as they take in. plus, they usually load them with salt, butter, sour cream, cheese, etc. which is a bit much

I don't need the carbs. Since I've started running again, I've lost zero pounds. Without reading how atkins worked, I tried avoiding carbs for a month a decade ago and the pounds just melted away. I don't want to go that route, but I do think of potatoes as something to avoid rather than a staple now. I used to mash a package of cream cheese into a pot of potatoes...they were awesome.

I still drink a fair number of carbs.

MichChamp02 said:
DR said:

that's nice

Maybe your doctor should persuade you to not be so much of an asshole? That could help your bp.

Back