Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 13

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup :
Jackson CF
Dirks LF
Ordonez RF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Peralta SS
Avila C
Raburn 2B
Betemit 3B
Scherzer P

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=310813101&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-baltimore-orioles
Tigers vs. orioles Game Preview.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/28976/max-scherzer
Scherzer vs. orioles.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/5370/jeremy-guthrie
Tigers hitters vs. guthrie.
from espn

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_08_13_detmlb_balmlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310813101&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-baltimore-orioles
Boxscore from espn

There is plenty of rain in the forecast for Baltimore for today and Sunday, which could make things interesting for the Tigers, who are not scheduled to return to Baltimore this season. There do not appear to be any good dates for a makeup game between now and the end of the season, so the teams could be in for long waits if it rains today and Sunday.
The National Weather Service is calling for a 60 percent chance of rain tonight and 70 percent Sunday. The National Weather Service also said thunderstorms are likely for both days.

Update: The tarp is on the field in Baltimore, but they have chalked the batters box and baselines. Tigers Live at 6:30.

Pouring right now at 5:50 edit.
Accuweather shows worst of the storm right now, some cells in the area, but should easily get the game in, maybe scattered showers.

With all that said, I like Dirks batting second.. Should be Dirks second and Boesch third when he's healthy..

Damn...Sure hope that they can get the game in tonight...need to get my daily/nightly baseball fix !!

Rain-rain go AWAY!!

rainingsmile.gif

tigers99888 said:
With all that said, I like Dirks batting second.. Should be Dirks second and Boesch third when he's healthy..

Boesch should never hit 2nd, his numbers suck there, he needs to bat in front of Cabby!

I also like Dirks batting second.

justinrose74 said:
tigers99888 said:

Boesch should never hit 2nd, his numbers suck there, he needs to bat in front of Cabby!

Resting Ordonez prior to the playoff push cant possibly be looked at as a bad thing in the eyes of mgmt. Its not like hes been the model for consistentcy unless you means consistently sucked at hitting the ball and playing in the field. At the least you get some consistent time for Dirks to see exactly what you have in him for the future. If youre trying to save money...Dirks, AJ, Boesch could be your outfield next year eventhough most of us would like a new, pricey, RF.

mhughes0021 said:
justinrose74 said:

Resting Ordonez prior to the playoff push cant possibly be looked at as a bad thing in the eyes of mgmt. Its not like hes been the model for consistentcy unless you means consistently sucked at hitting the ball and playing in the field. At the least you get some consistent time for Dirks to see exactly what you have in him for the future. If youre trying to save money...Dirks, AJ, Boesch could be your outfield next year eventhough most of us would like a new, pricey, RF.

Just throwing a name out here think he is a FA after this season.
David DeJesus?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

David DeJesus?

Yeah, he could leadoff too

TigerMud said:
what's it going to take to get smokes to stop batting mugs 3rd.

There is nothing anyone can do about changing his line up order. He is leaving the guys who are hitting well in the spots they have been in all year. And the guys who aren't hitting well...he just plugs in their replacement when they sit. This is just how it's going to be. And he knows everyone complains about the order which means he is 100% not going to change what he's doing.

Anyone with the mlb extra innings package, with the afternoon games, we get a choice of Detroit or baltimore feeds, extra channels 7 o'clock on.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:

David DeJesus?
yup. like i said in the other thread, id love for us to get dejesus (as well as carroll and possibly aram).

also, raburn at 2B again? ew. right now i dont know whats worse; raburn's defense at second or guillen's bat. even more reason to upgrade 2nd (carroll! lol)

now remember as we get into the 6th and still don't have many runs if any at all that it's not Guthrie.... it's our lousy offense.

Tigers 1st inning,

Jackson one pitch one out,

Dirks takes outside, low, popped up foul to first,

Maggs takes low, jammed and fly to center,

that was fast,

guthrie with 6 pitches.

Back