Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preparing for Husker fans

GoBlueInAtlanta

I've been doing a little preliminary research for the inevitable "We've sold out every home game for the last 400 years!" (Actually 311 games.) To which my initial reply will be, "Sure, it's easy to sellout when you have a cozy little stadium that only seats 81,000."

Their streak started on November 3, 1962 with 36,501 in attendance.

Current capacity is 81,067

Record attendance is 86,304

Michigan Stadium's capacity when their streak started with 36,501 - 101,001

Michigan Stadium's capacity when built in 1927 - 84,401, which means it was bigger from the start than Memorial Stadium is today!

All that to ask for your help. I've checked most of the usual sites (MBoBlue, Bentley's, etc) trying to find the game-by-game attendance so I can blow them away by saying we've outsold their sellouts by XXXXX amount/number of years/number of games, etc.

For instance: If we've had consecutive attendance of more than 36,501 since Michigan Stadium's first game, we can say their streak of 48 years sucks when compared to our attendance for the last 83!

An indication that the above statement is most likely true:

"The Wolverines continued to draw crowds in the 80,000 range for 20 years, and in 1949, plans were drawn up to increase the size of the stadium." *

* http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/michigan-stadium.pdf

Nebraska fans are more obnoxious about how "well they travel" more than Memorial Stadium crowds. Wait until November in A2. I've already heard NU fans in our office talk about going back for that game ...since Ohio* plays in stinkin Lincoln as it is. There will be a wedge of godawful red in M Stadium that weekend.

they travel well because NU is the ONLY game in that state. last one out turn off the lights.

^^^ exactly ^^^

I think half of Nebraska moved to Denver in the past 10yrs

Okay monster ignore tge report it was supposed to be a post

Nebraska fans i have met have lived up to reputation as decent folks
Supposedly welcoming to visitors

But i think tge mire iin your face type change i see in younger folk might show up some as they are being picked to be domi ant in big ten

But overall i have been at several games with them and they seem cool

Yeah, Nebraska has some obnoxious fans, mostly younger ones. They are just young and stupid. The older ones are okay. They are not as bad as OSU fans.

The claim that "we've sold out every home game since..." has always struck me as specious. My reaction is SO WHAT. Was Nebraska even playing football when Michigan Stadium was built?

The Nebraska fans here in Wyoming are hilarious. They act like they're going to steamroll everyone.

What else is there to do in Nebraska? really? Id travel to all the games too if i had to suffer through living there.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
The Nebraska fans here in Wyoming are hilarious. They act like they're going to steamroll everyone.

Let's take a look at their schedule.

Chattanooga-Easy win
Fresno State-Possible trap game if they're looking forward to the rematch with
Washington-Revenge factor, big win
@Wyoming-Easy win
@Wisconsin-First B1G game will be rough in Camp Randall
Ohio State-Will UOS be able to compete? Lots of ????
@Minnesota-Should handle the Gooofers, if not, huge upset
Michigan State-Good game, but Little Brother can't hang
Northwestern-Same as Minny, except at home
@Penn State-Any other year a good game, this year not so much
@Michigan-Can we have it together enough by this point of the season?
Iowa-The start of a great yearly rivalry.

They've got a tough schedule. That Wyoming game will be tough in the 1st half IF they're not ready for the altitude. 7000 feet is ridiculous to even workout in. All in all they could and may have 4 losses in the end.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Test.

Unlocked.

I am honored to be the guinea pig, as long as it doesn't happen again!
angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

dubbsco said:
What is Wyoming like?

The western two thirds of the state is covered mostly with the mountain ranges and rangelands in the foothills of the Eastern Rocky Mountains, while the eastern third of the state is high elevation prairie known as the High Plains.

Back