Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings beat sharks for number 23

Based on the espn gamecast thread, it is a good thing I wasn't watching that game as I might be currently buying a new tv due to the refs. Still haven't seen the highlights, but sounded like a typical BS reffing hose job in favor of the Sharks.

Too bad two of their guys took pucks to the face and a third apparently had a pretty serious injury too. Hopefully they will recover at some point, but for now I feel like it couldn't happen to a more deserving team, especially with all the BS they were once again getting away with.

#23 couldn't have been against a more enjoyable team to beat in today's NHL...well, till Crosby returns.

The only questionable call was the interference on Ericcson. When you knock over the goaler, that's a penalty these days, and Bertuzzi slew-footed him a bit. Probably was not intentional, but them's the breaks.

zyxt9 said:
Based on the espn gamecast thread, it is a good thing I wasn't watching that game as I might be currently buying a new tv due to the refs. Still haven't seen the highlights, but sounded like a typical BS reffing hose job in favor of the Sharks.

Too bad two of their guys took pucks to the face and a third apparently had a pretty serious injury too. Hopefully they will recover at some point, but for now I feel like it couldn't happen to a more deserving team, especially with all the BS they were once again getting away with.

#23 couldn't have been against a more enjoyable team to beat in today's NHL...well, till Crosby returns.

I know it is not manly but why don't NHL players wear face cages like the college boys... To many guys getting smashed and sooner or later a player is going to get killed...That Shark player was lucky today...

Was at the game and it was awesome. On side not I always look for awful jersey's and I saw the following:

Four Dallas Drake jerseys (WTF, 1 okay but 4!?)
A Derek Meech jersey....
And a Owen Nolan San Jose jersey lol

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
zyxt9 said:

I know it is not manly but why don't NHL players wear face cages like the college boys... To many guys getting smashed and sooner or later a player is going to get killed...That Shark player was lucky today...

It really does affect your peripheral vision. Pavelski got hit in the helmet, and Vlasic was wearing a visor. I'm not sure which player you are talking about.

Yes I must say it felt awesoooooooooooome to be the Sharks finally. Early birthday present for me. And a great way to get the OFFICIAL longest home winning streak...

I sincerely appreciate Ken Daniels correcting the other announcers every 30 seconds they screwed up the pronunciation of a Red Wings name.

Back