Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Won 7 out of last 9

bestisbest

On the plus side, Stuckey+Knight+Monroe+Jerebko are playing great

The negative, draft position keeps dropping...

Well I cant be mad they are winning. I never want a historically bad team just for draft position that isn't even a sure thing in the NBA. Who is the team we are chasing for the playoffs? I know the east is up for grabs.

EDIT- Looks like the celts at 15-15.

It's shocking the difference a good coach and no more locker room cancer (Rip) can make. I still have trouble seeing us as a playoff team but I certainly won't discount it. One of the hardest things to do as a young team is build a winning culture. Just look at Sacramento, GS, and even Minnesota. All of those teams have a ton of talent, but just don't play like winners most nights. Minny might get over the hump with Love and Rubio, but who knows.

So we might be in the running for the Henson/Zeller (either) instead of Davis/Drummond. Sucks if we miss out on the top guys, but in such a deep draft, not terrible to be in the later lottery.

everyoneneedsasmil said:
It's shocking the difference a good coach and no more locker room cancer (Rip) can make. I still have trouble seeing us as a playoff team but I certainly won't discount it. One of the hardest things to do as a young team is build a winning culture. Just look at Sacramento, GS, and even Minnesota. All of those teams have a ton of talent, but just don't play like winners most nights. Minny might get over the hump with Love and Rubio, but who knows.

So we might be in the running for the Henson/Zeller (either) instead of Davis/Drummond. Sucks if we miss out on the top guys, but in such a deep draft, not terrible to be in the later lottery.

If we aren't top 5 I would love to see us go after Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. I love him, besides Davis he is my fav. guy in this draft. He would be the perfect replacement for Prince.

Hes on Kansas right? I saw him against Baylor, he looked good. To be honest I stopped watching when we were something like 3-20 and was very surprised to see them sitting at a not mega terrible 11-22.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]
everyoneneedsasmil said:

If we aren't top 5 I would love to see us go after Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. I love him, besides Davis he is my fav. guy in this draft. He would be the perfect replacement for Prince.

I think Kidd-Gilchrist is going top 5 (and probably 5th). If we aren't picking there, I would still look at a big man (probably Sullinger more than Jones - seems soft). If not Sullinger, then Henson/Zellers seem to make the most sense. Henson is an athletic defender at the PF spot. Either Zeller adds another option in the post and both seem quick enough to guard PFs better than Monroe.

jrange378 said:
Hes on Kansas right? I saw him against Baylor, he looked good. To be honest I stopped watching when we were something like 3-20 and was very surprised to see them sitting at a not mega terrible 11-22.

Robinson plays for Kansas, and he's very likely a top 3-5 pick right now. Unless we jump up, he is out of our range. And if we do jump up, we would probably take Drummond or Barnes anyway.

jrange378 said:

That's Thomas Robinson. IMO He is a little to small to be a PF in the NBA, Hes from Kansas btw. Kidd-Gilchrist is from Kentucky.

Shockingly the Pistons are only 5.5 games behind the 15-15 Celtics, and the 16-16 Knicks for the last spot after a 3-20 start... But then of the last seven wins only Boston had a winning record.. But it's a start anyway..

everyoneneedsasmil said:
[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]

I think Kidd-Gilchrist is going top 5 (and probably 5th). If we aren't picking there, I would still look at a big man (probably Sullinger more than Jones - seems soft). If not Sullinger, then Henson/Zellers seem to make the most sense. Henson is an athletic defender at the PF spot. Either Zeller adds another option in the post and both seem quick enough to guard PFs better than Monroe.

NBADraft.net has Kidd-Gilchrist going at 7th. Also I would stay far away from Sullinger/Zeller, I do like Henson though.

Back