Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Betemit

fedexgooch78

So did that retard that was arguing that Wilson was no better than Inge make it over this way? I'd love to hear his reasoning to the hot bat this cat's been swinging since the Tigers acquired him. What a real blessing he's turning out to be.

Yeah WB is really hitting well.. I wonder why he was sitting so much last week.. Jimmy Smokes cannot hide behind match-ups every time we ask about this... Man ride then when they are hot..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yeah WB is really hitting well.. I wonder why he was sitting so much last week.. Jimmy Smokes cannot hide behind match-ups every time we ask about this... Man ride then when they are hot..
because he inexplicably thinks don kelly is a good hitter.

Spockmaster said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yeah WB is really hitting well.. I wonder why he was sitting so much last week.. Jimmy Smokes cannot hide behind match-ups every time we ask about this... Man ride then when they are hot..

LOL.. Good old Smokes... I cannot wait to see Sunday's line-up...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
Spockmaster said:

if Jim Leyland got his way and had access to a cloner...

Don Kelly CF
Don Kelly RF
Don Kelly LF
Don Kelly 1B
Don Kelly DH
Don Kelly SS
Don Kelly 2B
Don Kelly C
Don Kelly 3B

Don Kelly SP

Spockmaster said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

if Jim Leyland got his way and had access to a cloner...

Don Kelly CF
Don Kelly RF
Don Kelly LF
Don Kelly 1B
Don Kelly DH
Don Kelly SS
Don Kelly 2B
Don Kelly C
Don Kelly 3B

Don Kelly SP

Haha, ah beautifully done.

I woulda taken Kelly at 3B today over Rugburn. Ok he got the go ahead RBIs yesterday but he loses more games than he wins. He infield defense is just atrocious. Keep him in the infield if nothing else.

cmlfactor said:
I woulda taken Kelly at 3B today over Rugburn. Ok he got the go ahead RBIs yesterday but he loses more games than he wins. He infield defense is just atrocious. Keep him in the infield if nothing else.
i think you mean outfield lol

When Wilson Starts the team is 11-3
When Wilson does not start 3-10

Go figure....It makes no sense to sit him tonight.

I'd like to see one of the reporters give JL those records and ask him why he sits Wilson so much?

id like them to give him their respective offensive numbers against righties and then punch him in the face.

While I'd like to see Betemit play more, I do believe that his stat line is a direct correlation of Smokes playing Betemit in the right match ups. Wilson plays well when he is in lineup and team plays well when he's not. I don't think this is an issue at the moment.

Leyland does not know what good match ups are. He keeps a guy on the bench because he's 1-6 against someone even though the player is hot. 1 for freakin' 6, are you kidding me. And he doesn't realize BB hits much better in the 3 hole.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Leyland does not know what good match ups are. He keeps a guy on the bench because he's 1-6 against someone even though the player is hot. 1 for freakin' 6, are you kidding me. And he doesn't realize BB hits much better in the 3 hole.

Idk but seems like Betemit is batting against the right people. Leyland is a successful coach thst has been doing this a long time. Seems to be working to me.

You ever thought he hit against the teams he's not playing against?

Back