Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mr. Basketball in Michigan

johnny2x2x

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120220/OPINION03/202200358/Mr-Basketball-vote-could-runaway?odyssey=mod|mostview

Good article, Costello should win it with Valentine coming in 2nd. Costello has had a monster year and I especially like that he put up 34 points 26 rebs and 8 blocks against Detroit PSL power Detroit King after putting up 49 against Flint SW (24 rebs and 11 blocks too). Those are good programs with Division I talent and he had a couple of his best games. I've watched some film of him and he looks like a very skilled player who can do it all. I think he has a chance to start at power forward for MSU in the Fall. Kid is going to be special and because he skipped the summer camps he has been overlooked and is underrated IMO.

Valentine is almost averaging a triple double. He's a great ball handler, extremely strong with the dribble and is 6-5. The Lansing press is calling him the smartest ball player and best passer they've had locally since Magic Johnson. Not a great scorer yet, but the kid can handle the ball and pass it.

That's great news on both. Costello and Payne could continue to solidify a frontcourt that will certainly take a hit without Green next year. I just hope we start seeing more development from Payne soon. He has the tools, but he doesn't produce to the level of his physical talents.

Back