Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh's niners in action

Michchamp

can't even protect the QB in a preseason game against the Saints. That team is an absolute mess.

Jim's got his work cut out for him in San Fran.

I never would've taken that job.

When he said Alex Smith was the starter he didn't hide his bid in the Andrew luck sweepstakes.

biglou said:
When he said Alex Smith was the starter he didn't hide his bid in the Andrew luck sweepstakes.

Who did you want him to start ?? didn't really have a whole lot of options.

they tried to get Josh Johnson from the Bucs but couldn't....not a whole lot out there in FA.

they drafted Kaepernick....He's the future there.

SLICK said:
biglou said:

they tried to get Josh Johnson from the Bucs but couldn't....not a whole lot out there in FA.

Let's say a team like Minnesota, Carolina, Tennessee, or Jacksonville finishes with the worst record and gets the number 1 overall pick. You don't think Harbaugh would sell the farm to get him?

Nope. It might be easier with the way the cap is now but the niners need more than just a QB.

In fact, I take that back. Easier to sustain the cap hit but I expect the farm would be bigger than usual since the number one wouldn't trade it for cap relief which has been one of the advantages.

The Niners have the potential for a decent defense and that offense looks atrocious. It really is going to be tough for them to really have a good statistical year, except that they are in the West which means they still can make the playoffs.

SLICK said:
biglou said:

I look at it this way. U pick up Kaepernick as a QB that u can mold into what u want. He's young,athletic,and has alot of potential. Normally when u draft projects like him u place a decent Vet or a reliable QB in front of him until u feel safe with the guy running your system. I just think it was better options out there then Smith and those options would make your team more competitive them him. It's not like your running the same system Smith was in so he doesn't have any advantage. Then coach goes and does this http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/43430/daunte-culpepper-a-few-49ers-thoughts

biglou said:
SLICK said:

I look at it this way. U pick up Kaepernick as a QB that u can mold into what u want. He's young,athletic,and has alot of potential. Normally when u draft projects like him u place a decent Vet or a reliable QB in front of him until u feel safe with the guy running your system. I just think it was better options out there then Smith and those options would make your team more competitive them him. It's not like your running the same system Smith was in so he doesn't have any advantage. Then coach goes and does this http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/43430/daunte-culpepper-a-few-49ers-thoughts

Dear God,

We play the 49ers at home in Week 6. Please please please have Chubby Checkdown start that weekend.

-Detroit Lions

haha that is funny, who knew that mess up a team would end up 13-3

I could care less... Fuck the 49ers and Harbaugh.. That team means nothing to me... Smith is not that good and I say they revert back to 8-8 or 9-7 next year.. it will be terrible if they or the packers win the superbowl...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I could care less... Fuck the 49ers and Harbaugh.. That team means nothing to me... Smith is not that good and I say they revert back to 8-8 or 9-7 next year.. it will be terrible if they or the packers win the superbowl...

yeah, like baltimore reverts back to 8-8? same formula...run the ball, play great defense and you win more often than not. they have a fantastic defense, and they are getting their pieces playing together in the offense to be dangerous. while alex smith may not be the long term solution, he played really well within himself and the offense to make this team very good. you don't need to be like green bay or new england and score 40+ pts a game. they do that because they have to. they have shit defenses. they can control the clock and know that defense isn't going to put them in a bad place. i for one applaud the guy for the work he did. still don't like sf, but you can't deny he did a hell of a job.

Back