Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Santorum Caught Fudging Again

lions2011

at a talk last week at a faith conference he started spouting off about Obamacare and death panels and went on to yap about how in the Netherlands 10% of the population last year was euthanized and that half of those we killed involuntarly...lol....he then also said that the dutch wear braclets that state "don't euthanize me".

facts are 2% of the people in the Netherlands were killed by euthansia , there are NO forced cases of it as the patient has to be terminal , in terrible pain and must go through not only a Doctors confirmation but then a medical board reviews the case before it goes further.

and the bracelets he was yipping about are DNR bracelets the elderly wear if they have a termianl condition and dont want heroic measures taken to save them if they code.

I guess you can just make up shit as you go , until you get caught and exposed and then look dumber then you did the day before if that is at all possible in this clowns case.

Red and Guilty said:
MichChamp02 said:

But "2% of the people in the Netherlands" is 332 million people! Only 146 million died last year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the 2% is 2% of the people who died, not the population total.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Red and Guilty":kn3wwld5]

But "2% of the people in the Netherlands" is 332 million people! Only 146 million died last year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the 2% is 2% of the people who died, not the population total.[/quote:kn3wwld5]

That is correct

And I'll just leave this here for confirmation on Santorum's error http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2012/02/rick-santorum-comments-euthanasia-the-netherlands-cause-stir-dutch-media/nr902SKpj39okDxxZidLUK/index.html

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Red and Guilty":soq8sm0n]

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the 2% is 2% of the people who died, not the population total.[/quote:soq8sm0n]

No. I think more people were euthanized than died.

Red and Guilty said:
[quote="MI_Thumb":gtj3ss0y]

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the 2% is 2% of the people who died, not the population total.

No. I think more people were euthanized than died.[/quote:gtj3ss0y]

Well they haven't quite got the whole euthenasia thing down, so a good number of the killings didn't take.

Like back in the day when they would hang people, and every now and then someone would just go on living with a broke neck.

SLICK said:
at a talk last week at a faith conference he started spouting off about Obamacare and death panels and went on to yap about how in the Netherlands 10% of the population last year was euthanized and that half of those we killed involuntarly...lol....he then also said that the dutch wear braclets that state "don't euthanize me".

facts are 2% of the people in the Netherlands were killed by euthansia , there are NO forced cases of it as the patient has to be terminal , in terrible pain and must go through not only a Doctors confirmation but then a medical board reviews the case before it goes further.

and the bracelets he was yipping about are DNR bracelets the elderly wear if they have a termianl condition and dont want heroic measures taken to save them if they code.

I guess you can just make up shit as you go , until you get caught and exposed and then look dumber then you did the day before if that is at all possible in this clowns case.

Medical Board decides your fate??? Thats a good thing??

People are so afraid of the specter of "death panels". There have always been "death panels" and there always will be as long as there are programs that decide what care is affordable and covered and what isn't. Do you really feel much better or worse if the decision is made by a government official or an insurance company?

martmay said:
SLICK said:

Medical Board decides your fate??? Thats a good thing??

your fate ? are you dense ? the patient has to apply for euthanasia , be termanilly ill , in chronic pain and in end stage....the case has to be ok'd by the family physician and then go to a medical board to be reviewed.

it's not a death panel Sarah Palin.....relax.

Red and Guilty said:
People are so afraid of the specter of "death panels". There have always been "death panels" and there always will be as long as there are programs that decide what care is affordable and covered and what isn't. Do you really feel much better or worse if the decision is made by a government official or an insurance company?

I dont have an insurance company telling me what to do. Nor do I want the govt forcing me to buy there product, or a product

martmay said:
Red and Guilty said:

I dont have an insurance company telling me what to do. Nor do I want the govt forcing me to buy there product, or a product

No, but thanks to the ways we do things here, the "choice" most people have is primarily academic. I wonder how many people don't take their employers' health care plan, and instead go pick one they like better.

Red and Guilty said:
martmay said:

No, but thanks to the ways we do things here, the "choice" most people have is primarily academic. I wonder how many people don't take their employers' health care plan, and instead go pick one they like better.

I guess having a "choice" is what we should be focusing on

martmay said:
Red and Guilty said:

I guess having a "choice" is what we should be focusing on

Sure, if you want an academic debate. The point is there are practical limits to the applicability of theory. People can only choose what they can afford. If a majority can't afford to make a certain choice, then it's not really a choice. Right now, most people's decisions are made for them by their employers. I think this is a root cause of much of the trouble with our healthcare system. When companies get large enough, they can make the same mistakes as governments.

Back