Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bowl Games you have been too

biggunsbob

I have only been to three bowl games. Two for Michigan and one for MSU.

1. December 30th. 1994.. Michigan 24 Colorado st. 14. Holiday Bowl.

(Two of us were Michigan fans and two of us in the group rooted for CSU.) It was a guy's trip from Vegas to San Diego and it was a lot of fun...

2. January 2nd 1989.. Michigan 22 USC 14... Rose Bowl.
( What a second half comeback although I did get hit by a grapefruit after the game in the head..LOL

3. MSU 20 USC 17... (My wife and father-in-law were very happy and it is always nice to see USC lose...

Go Blue...

1998 Rose Bowl. Charles Woodson's interception of Ryan Leaf's pass happened right in front of us.......Brian Griese wins the MVP. Michigan wins the National Title.......needless to say it was a pretty awesome experience.

1999 Comp USA Citrus Bowl. Watched Tom Brady bring us back and lead us to a win against Arkansas. After the game, Marcus Ray got on the Band Director's Ladder (5 rows in front of us) and led us (student section) in an a capella of the Victors. Again it was awesome.

Only 1: 1981 Rose Bowl. Drove out there with 3 other guys (fellow UM students) in a car that someone in LA wanted driven out there from Michigan. It was an great trip. Stopped at Grand Canyon, which blew me away. Bo's first Rose Bowl win topped it off. Still have the ticket stub.

I would assume it was the Pizza bowl, but it was CMU vs Purdue. CMU lost on a last second FG. Simply an amazing game to watch.

Let's see...Bo's last game was was my first Rose Bowl, is that '90? Michigan lost to USC...

The year Elvis Grac had a big game and Tyrone Wheatley went crazy, and Michigan won...

And I went to the three most recent Rose Bowls that Michigan went to; we all know the unfortunate outcomes of those games...

rumseyhouse77 said:
Only 1: 1981 Rose Bowl. Drove out there with 3 other guys (fellow UM students) in a car that someone in LA wanted driven out there from Michigan. It was an great trip. Stopped at Grand Canyon, which blew me away. Bo's first Rose Bowl win topped it off. Still have the ticket stub.

gee maybe we even met out there

None :-(. But I've watched them on TV. Btw, am I the only one who hates having the Championship game a week after the New Years games?

I liked when the big 5 games were on Jan. 1.

I went to all the Ohio State bowl games from 1982 (I was 8) to 1990. My favorite was beating Texas A&M in the Alamo bowl. The low point was losing to Air Force in the Liberty bowl.

At the Alamo bowl, the A&M fans were cordial but simply did not believe Ohio State belonged on the field. We were in a mall the day before the game and one woman bet my father her candy store that the Aggies would win (Keep in mind, that Buckeye team had Chris Carter and Chris Spielman). We did not have time to collect after the game.

The shoe was on the other foot at the Air Force Liberty bowl game.

Only one I've ever been to was the first International Bowl. One of my roommates was an equipment manager for Cincy's football team for 4 years and scored us tickets. UC beat Western in Brian Kelly's first game as head coach. Dantonio had left for MSU a day or two after UC's final regular season game.

2000 Citrus Bowl- MSU beats UF- 37-34. Wasnt that close but before instant replay, so UF kept their fumbles
2009 Capital One Bowl- UGA beats MSU- 24-12. Close first half, down hill 2nd half.
2011 Capital One Bowl- Bama kills MSU- 49-7. Worst game I have ever seen, and thats with Saban taking pity on the Spartans. Still cant believe my dad and I sat through that whole game.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I have only been to three bowl games. Two for Michigan and one for MSU.

1. December 30th. 1994.. Michigan 24 Colorado st. 14. Holiday Bowl.

(Two of us were Michigan fans and two of us in the group rooted for CSU.) It was a guy's trip from Vegas to San Diego and it was a lot of fun...

2. January 2nd 1989.. Michigan 22 USC 14... Rose Bowl.
( What a second half comeback although I did get hit by a grapefruit after the game in the head..LOL

3. MSU 20 USC 17... (My wife and father-in-law were very happy and it is always nice to see USC lose...

4. I forgot I went to the 1984 Cherry Bowl that MSU lost 10 to 6 verses Army... My father-in-law was not very happy..

Go Blue...

michlady77 said:
Every rose bowl since 1977
Both alamo bowls
Cap one bowl 2007/2008

Wow ML! That is a fantastic record. Don't think we met. I am sure I would remember.

Back