Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Backus Twitter

adam86107

I checked to see if Backus had a Twitter acct. and to my surprise he does. He's got one tweet on there from May 2009, and here it is in all its glory:

JeffBackus Jeff Backus
Wishing that our offensive line could actually block for a quarterback.... We need to work harder.
2 May 09

didn't somebody go to jail for impersonating chris houston?

And the online didn't help him. Smith was garbage. And the online is garbage, well outside Sims.

The oline is not garbage. Are they elite No. But they are solid. Top 5 pass blocking and the run blocking got better at the end of the year. Hopefully they can really step up on run blocking but they are really underrated.

motown1958 said:
The oline is not garbage. Are they elite No. But they are solid. Top 5 pass blocking and the run blocking got better at the end of the year. Hopefully they can really step up on run blocking but they are really underrated.

Ya they ranked 3rd in the NFL for Hits/Sacks to Pass Plays last year. But they were awful (23rd I think) in rushing. But, they did pick that up when Hilliard got in there for Gos.

Now we'll see what happens if playing another year in the same blocking scheme in the same offense. For several of the guys, like Backus and Raiola and Peterman - and even Gos, they've had a different system almost every year with the team. Being 3rd year in a row for these guys in the same system, should make a big difference.

Time will tell...

Is RT good, is RG good, is C good? That tells me they're garbage.

RT is between 2 guys who are decent. RG is peterman who had a good end to the season. and the C is Raiola who is better then people want to give credit to. He is good at reading blocking calls and they were good at picking up the blitz a year ago. So you can say garbage but garbage means they are at the bottom and they arent at all.

Raiola blows. He's too damn small and can't get a good push. I'm sorry but anyone that think he's average or above I just gotta lmao. And I never said "all" garbage but as a whole they stink.

How do they stink as a whole unit. They played well last year when they gained some continuity. I agree Raiola is undersized and yet he has played a lot of years in this league and played some where in the middle of the pack. Youre just looking at it from the lions fan perspective. We always think our line is terrible.

So we don't need to upgrade at C next year. Or upgrade on the right side of the line next year. You okay with the 5 guys next season? I remember the Broncos would get a different RB a 1000 yards every year. Even that bum that came to us. It canr be all the backfields fault.

Peterman should by default play better this season. Raiola needs to go.

We looked great in pass protection against the Bengals. I have no idea how you can give a QB that much time, but have the RB get lit up in the backfield so often.

Mitch is right

Raiola is shit. And it's not just because he's undersized. he routinely misses the line calls, he's horrible at sight adjustments, he's not good at getting to the 2nd level, he's awful at blitz calls.

Oh, and he's too small.

But with a small guy, you can make it work if he's good at his job. Raiola is too small, and he's bad at being a center.

The Mad Bomber said:
Mitch is right

Raiola is shit. And it's not just because he's undersized. he routinely misses the line calls, he's horrible at sight adjustments, he's not good at getting to the 2nd level, he's awful at blitz calls.

Oh, and he's too small.

But with a small guy, you can make it work if he's good at his job. Raiola is too small, and he's bad at being a center.

Best avatar on this board

Romneybot said:
The Mad Bomber said:
Mitch is right

Oh, and he's too small.

Best avatar on this board

lol

Back