Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

missing some of the old timers

zyxt9

I find the Wings board lacking some of its old passion on these boards. What happened to wheels and freak and some the other old timers who were such frequent contributors on the old espn board? I never go on the espn boards anymore, but if someone does, we need some of those guys! It's almost playoff time!!!

I know...Nothing we can do about it..Hopefully we will get some more posters..

Most of the time I can't post and watch at the same time... At all..

Is it because the TV and computer are in different rooms or it's just an attention thing?

If you have a smartphone you could get the ProBoards app.

cmlfactor said:
Is it because the TV and computer are in different rooms or it's just an attention thing?

If you have a smartphone you could get the ProBoards app.

My nice tv's are in different rooms and I don't run stuff off my phone. One day i will have a laptop. At night my wife goes to bed early between 6:30-7pm so i try and stay off the computer till later when she falls asleep lol

I do miss reading everything that Detroitschlegs, BloodWingz, Avssuc, WingedWheel, LGRW, posted. higgy was on the old board to. and several other good Wings posters.
Some of them just went to another board called SportsHoopla for Wings talk.

I once took a lot of pride in the fact that all of the Detroit sports messageboards were amongst the most active on ESPN, but of course they finally found a way to mess that up.

I miss the "national" feeling of our representation on ESPN, but once the "Conversations"format was introduced, I noticed that there were quite a few Detroit sports fans with SNs who had never posted on the teams' boards, but that they were doomed anyway...oh well.

We did represent well over there. Even on the old boards though I still had problems, mostly speed. Nonetheless, with baseball and football as my two sports I really follow these days it works perfect here for me. Stupid ESPN.

Back