Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kevin Smith

specialteams

Still unsigned... figured he'd get a shot somewhere. Really not his fault that he was so injury prone, look at these college numbers. The UCF staff literally ran the kid to death.

2005: 249 rushing attempts
2006: 206 rushing attempts
2007: 450 rushing attempts

In comparison, Chris Johnson led the NFL in rushing attempts last year with 358, and that's with two extra games in the schedule.

Jahvid Best only had 364 total in his three years at Cal while Leshoure had 424 in his three years at Illinois.

And of course, only nine selections after Millen picked Smith, the Chiefs selected Jamaal Charles...

I can understand your argument but you mention his reps in college but then compare it to the less reps by Best and LeShoure but both who have been injured.

specialteams said:
Still unsigned... figured he'd get a shot somewhere. Really not his fault that he was so injury prone, look at these college numbers. The UCF staff literally ran the kid to death.

Bottom line is that the nfl isn't fair. It sucks but this is a business.

It has more to do with teams would rather have younger guys at rb nowadays. The position is now a revolving door. You get your chance for 1-3 years then your either pro bowl calibur or they dump you.

The day Millen picked him I was so mad. MM takes Kevin Smith with the first pick in the 3rd round. While Jamal Charles was still on the board

Kevin Smith was just another botched draft pick by Millen. Watching him fall down so many times with open field ahead of him drove me nuts.

Yea Smith was a wasted pick. But what do you expect Millen had a lot of those. Man shouldnt be allowed to pick out his clothes let alone talent for a football team.

If he only would have listened to his scouting department and Mayhew. The Lions would have Andre Johnson and Jamal Charles

Back