Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Skins To Offer Boatload To Rams To Move Up

lions2011

Teams sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin the Redskins are prepared to offer the Rams their top three 2012 picks and "at least" their 2013 first-round pick to move up to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.
If true, it would be a positively Ricky Williams-ian haul for the Rams, who saw the value of their No. 2 pick increase even further on Sunday when Griffin was unofficially timed at a blazing 4.38 in the 40 at the Combine. Eskin's report comes two days after SI.com's Tony Pauline reported the Rams have engaged in "exploratory talks" with the Redskins about a swap.

And this is yet another example of why the 'Skins blow. They have made so many terrible moves over the last year, it's dumbfounding.

they have a good defense...their offense needs a ton of work. Their line is avg, their RBs are a revolving door, and their WRs are non existant. QB is a start they have needed for a long long time but to not be able to surround him with any weapons will be an issue.

The trade proposal is moronic. Giving up that much for any player has never and will never work out. The skins have no wideouts, a bad oline, and there defense could use a little work as well. They would be trading three or four possible starters for 1 guy. Thats never good math.

If they intend to do this wouldn't it have been done yet? They can trade draft picks already, can't they? I guess they saw what Cam did and think, why not.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If they intend to do this wouldn't it have been done yet? They can trade draft picks already, can't they? I guess they saw what Cam did and think, why not.

Rams would be idiotic to give up that slot 2 months out.....Sam Bradford could fall down the stairs and be done....and some GM could get dumber then the Redskins and offer more.

plus I think the NFL frown on draft trades before the draft day....it's not illegal but I think it's like an unwritten rule.

Yeah. But if I was offered a 2nd, 3rd, next years 1st to just move down 4 spots, I'd be all over that. Especially with the Rams needing so much. But I agree with trading in February and the rest..

every word said about that #2 pick makes it worth more....no way they trade it up until theres 10 seconds left on the clock.

I don't believe the Redskins trade that much but no way are the Rams getting more than a 2nd, 3rd, next years 1st just to move down 4 spots. No way in hell. Luck was available, maybe, but not RGIII.

Here ya go Mitch...they could pull the trigger before the draft.

SI.com's Peter King says the Rams will "for sure" trade their No. 2 pick to a team looking to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.
Rams COO Kevin Demoff confirmed as much in a conversation with King. "The whole paradigm has changed," Demoff said at the Combine. "Griffin could be cheaper than (Matt) Flynn. The fact that you can get a potential franchise quarterback for what the top picks are paid now makes it easier to justify trading a lot for it." Demoff thinks the Rams are most likely to make a deal before free agency, at the March 24-28 league meetings or in the "days or hours" before the draft. Griffin's dominant Combine solidified the Rams' spot in the league's catbird seat.

If their eyes are set on blackmon I think theyd take less to move into the 4th spot and guarantee they still get him....pretty sure the browns get rg3

mhughes0021 said:
If their eyes are set on blackmon I think theyd take less to move into the 4th spot and guarantee they still get him....pretty sure the browns get rg3

Rams want Kalil or Claiborne , both guys they probably get at #4 or at least 1 of the 2 will be there at 4.

I agree I think the Browns get RG3...moving down to the Skins pick doesn't guarantee you one of the 2 guys you covet.

I would say this has to be bullshit...but it's the Redskins so I believe every word of this proposed deal. Great deal for the Rams.

They better hope RG3 is even better than Newton if you're giving up the farm like that.

done deal....good call on the trade before the draft Mitch

Besides the Herschel Walker trade and maybe the Ricky Williams draft trade, I cannot think of a more lopsided trade. Wow. The Rams fans have to be ecstatic.

The Walker trade will always be worse. He was outside his prime when Minny did that trade. If RG3 works it, its brilliant -- otherwise not so much.

johnny2x2x said:
Besides the Herschel Walker trade and maybe the Ricky Williams draft trade, I cannot think of a more lopsided trade. Wow. The Rams fans have to be ecstatic.

I can...the Roy Williams trade.

Back