Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Commodore traded to Tampa bay

biggunsbob

For a conditional 7th round pick. I guess the wings are freeing up space/player for a bigger deal... That is all I can think it is...

He's been a healthy scratch for some time now. I'm not looking into it anymore than they got a pick for a player that isn't playing.

Listening to Holland on the NHL network.. He wants to play younger guys over Mike, and wants to give mike a shot at playing more which Mike wants.. He was not going to play much down the stretch for Detroit..Its a good move to get a pick for a non playing player like you said...

I have to leave for awhile... if any trades get made by all means post them..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Listening to Holland on the NHL network.. He wants to play younger guys over Mike, and wants to give mike a shot at playing more which Mike wants.. He was not going to play much down the stretch for Detroit..Its a good move to get a pick for a non playing player like you said...

I have to leave for awhile... if any trades get made by all means post them..

Will do. This has been the most boring deadline in a recent memory but we'll see what the next 2 hours hold.

Something tells me Commodore didn't really get along with Babcock. They have had a history of not getting along and just never really seemed to get a shot to play this season. I don't think Kindl really is playing that well but the team never seemed to give commodore a shot. He played a few games sparingly but never got to play enough in a row to get into any type of rhythm. I thought the whole year that they should give Commmodore a few games cause the wings could have used the toughness he brought IMO but oh well, hope he works out for Tampa and gets a shot to play.

I don't understand why you get rid of a veteran d-man when your blue line is banged up. Don't get it at all...

Back