Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anything?

biggunsbob

Looks like Nashville is going for it...They just made a traded for C Paul Gaustad

Sorta explains why the Wings didn't do much. A first round pick for Gaustad, a soon to be RFA? What a seller's market.

Would have been very worth it for the wings IMO. BTW it was a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder that Nashville gave up.

The wings always seem to find gems late in the draft anyways plus with the wings going to the playoffs their pick will be a late first rounder.

Gaustad would have been perfect for this team. The past few years in the playoffs our forwards have gotten pushed around and lost the battles in the corners. I just dont think the 4th line on this team has enough grit to win a long playoff series against a tougher team. The 2008 team had Dallas Drake and Darren Mccarty playing on the 4th line. I know the 4 liners dont score alot but they put pressure on the other teams forwards and make the team hard to play against. Other than Abdelkader the team doesnt have any of those type of players.

Im not saying the wings dont have a chance to win the cup at all, but i think they missed a golden opportunity to give themselves a boost. And the worst possible thing happened because a division rival was able to add the player that the wings really needed.

Back