Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

God Damnit

mabre321

http://www.freep.com/article/20120227/SPORTS05/120227042/detroit-red-wings-tampa-bay-lightning-mike-commodore-trade-draft-pick-nhl?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

"Nicklas Lidstrom is "bruised, and is day-to-day" and that Kyle Quincey "has a sore groin, also day-to-day."

Awesome.... i hate February bad things always seem to happen to the wings in this month. I thought because nothing terrible happened for most of it the curse was lifted... nope.

With the loss of Ericsson already for his wrist and if Lidstom and Quincey cant go i am very scared of what the blue line will look like against Columbus.

Every year like clock work this team gets injured heading into the playoffs. It is so frustrating with such a talented group and why I would have like to see more size picked up at the deadline.. "Nicklas Lidstrom,Kyle Quincey both battling crap and Ericsson gone for a month that is a lot of pressure Holland is putting on youth to get them through... Very frustrated with holland's stand pat mode... Yes I know he has a ton of money in the off season but we need that cup back where ir belongs... lol

I don't get the Commodore deal. You're already down d-men and you trade a decent veteran one away. I'm scratching my head at Holland's motives for the first time in years.

cmlfactor said:
I don't get the Commodore deal. You're already down d-men and you trade a decent veteran one away. I'm scratching my head at Holland's motives for the first time in years.

You cant keep 8 defensemen on the active roster. Lidstrom, Stuart, Kronwall, White, Kindle, Quincey, Ericcson, and Commodore. Someone had to be moved or put down in Grand Rapids.

Well all of those players if waived would be claimed. So since you HAVE to lose one of them Holland chose Commodore and instead of waiving and getting nothing, he traded for a 7th rounder.

I'm just pissed OFF right now. From 1st to 4th in the course of 4 days. And then they basically do squat at the deadline. Sorry the Quincey deal doesn't impress me. And I'm hoping this "we're going to give you a good deal because you're Stevie-Y" trend doesn't continue.

Yeah not overwhelmed with Holland this year.. Every year recently he could not make a move because of cap and budget constraints and now that he has some freedom he does not go for it...I just don't understand... Vancouver, Boston, San Jose and especially Nashville went out and helped their club. If healthy Qunicey will help but we are 0-2 with him in the lineup... You need more grit for the playoffs...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yeah not overwhelmed with Holland this year.. Every year recently he could not make a move because of cap and budget constraints and now that he has some freedom he does not go for it...I just don't understand... Vancouver, Boston, San Jose and especially Nashville went out and helped their club. If healthy Qunicey will help but we are 0-2 with him in the lineup... You need more grit for the playoffs...

I disagree.

Vancouver made a bad deal with Hodson, in my opinion. I'd rather have Buffalo's end.

Boston went out and got some bench players. Quincey will have more impact than anyone the Bruins picked up, I believe.

San Jose got a couple of 4rth liners for one 3rd liner. Would anyone be happy with two Emertons for one Helm? I wouldn't be.

Nashville improved, but paid through the nose for rentals. That may benefit them, it may not. But Holland seems to pass if the market is weighted towards the sellers.

I wish there was a good deal for the Wings yesterday, but I believe Holland when he says there wasn't. I'm certainly not impressed with what those teams you list did at the deadline. I like the seller's end on almost every deal.

Back