Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scary how fast time flies

dubbsco

It feels like just yesterday we were all saying, "Man, season is only 90 days away!" Now, we only have a few weeks. This is the hardest part of the entire wait. It's so close, yet not far enough to reach.

I actually wish it was like October. Baseball is done, NFL has gotten under way and I hate the space between Ohio State and the bowl game. Just too many damn bowl games.

It's surprising how fast Football season sneaks up you when the Tigers are relevant....if you are a Tiger fan.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I actually wish it was like October. Baseball is done, NFL has gotten under way and I hate the space between Ohio State and the bowl game. Just too many damn bowl games.

You wish that a third of the college football season was already over with?

"Get the fuck off my board!"

No goof. I wish it would start in October. I'm sure I was using English.

i can usually start to smell football in the air around this time of year. the scent gets stronger towards late august.

And the older you get the faster it goes.

I remember last year at this time, just waiting for the season to start. Seems like a week ago.

Only two more Saturdays left of, "What am I going to do today?" September 3rd starts 14 straight Saturdays of College Gameday at 10, noon games, ND at 2 or whatever time they feel like starting, 3:30 games, 6:45 games, 8:00 games, and hoping ESPN2 or some station picks up a Fresno State vs. Hawaii game or something at 11 or 12. I have two TVs in the "man cave" and a wife who gives me that one day to not do a damn thing. Granted, I have to do dinner with the in laws just about every Sunday, but it's a small price to pay.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]No goof. I wish it would start in October. I'm sure I was using English.

Given that the OP was more about what time it is now, than when the season starts, I think you can see how the term "it" would be a little ambiguous.

But my bad either way

I'm taking over "your" board. I'll allow you to still dwell here if you so desire :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm taking over "your" board. I'll allow you to still dwell here if you so desire :)

If you don't know what that was in reference to then you really don't belong here!

And no, it's not a quote from "Weather Man"

DR said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm taking over "your" board. I'll allow you to still dwell here if you so desire :)

If you don't know what that was in reference to then you really don't belong here!

And no, it's not a quote from "Weather Man"

Sorry little buddy. I don't think it means what you think it means.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
GoBlueInAtlanta said:
I love it when the mods are fighting!

Seems like about half the people from the old M and Tiger boards are global moderators here...

Maybe we should all be moderators and just keep delete each other's posts and accounts!

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Seems like about half the people from the old M and Tiger boards are global moderators here...

Maybe we should all be moderators and just keep delete each other's posts and accounts!

Can mods delete other mods' posts? Cause I'd really like to delete Mitch's post above...that little buddy comment really cuts deep!

DR said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:

Can mods delete other mods' posts? Cause I'd really like to delete Mitch's post above...that little buddy comment really cuts deep!

Only one way to find out!
laugh.png

This could be like that movie, what was it, where two women were immortal and they were knocking each other's heads, arms, and legs all out of joint? Death Becomes Her!

DR said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:

SUCK ON THIS!

Back