Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thank God for American Movie Classics This Week

tinselwolverine

When these cocksuckers get on TV making speaches, we can turn on Godfather movies 'til it blows over, and the professionals get back to their analysis.

It's not like we don't love these movies, and haven't seen them a bunch of times.

Just now Michael was stuck in Havana, thinking about his unborn son who didn't live, and then we flash to Vito who is driving the boss who he will (obvously) end up killing, who has been bitching at him/threatening him.

I counted at least 15 lies coming out of Santorum's mouth tonight. I love how he's so far to the right and stands at the podium, thumping his bible but he has no problem lying to America. Not even stretching the truth, he flat out lies.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Monster, have you ever seen Casablanca?

I can't say that I have. I have eaten at Casa Ramos though. Pretty damn tasty.

you know, I heard for years about how great Casablanca was. Then when I was 23 or so, I finally saw it and I was disappointed.

I don't know if it was a matter of too many other movies copying it that ruined it for me, but the whole thing seemed cheesy and contrived. The famous lines seemed kinda silly in the actual movie.

I wish you both long life together and all the happiness life and love can bring.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I wish you both long life together and all the happiness life and love can bring.

you have to help me find her. she lives in DC.

Romney is celebrating tonight that he won his home state by 4 points after dropping $25 Million in ads and when he carried the state handily 4 years ago. It was likely over for him if he lost, so I guess he should be happy, but man, he's acting like he is still a shoe in. Because of his undesirability as a candidate his party is doomed in November.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I wish you both long life together and all the happiness life and love can bring.

you have to help me find her. she lives in DC.

(Vito Corleone accent - Brando not Deneiro - obviously) I'm flattered that you would come to me for this...but (scratchess cheek with fingertips baclkwards) I live across the continent...why would you think I would be able to help you in this matter...?"

johnny2x2x said:
Romney is celebrating tonight that he won his home state by 4 points after dropping $25 Million in ads and when he carried the state handily 4 years ago. It was likely over for him if he lost, so I guess he should be happy, but man, he's acting like he is still a shoe in. Because of his undesirability as a candidate his party is doomed in November.

dude, he celebrated when he won iowa by like 12 votes....it was a bit premature, but it shows that he doesn't realize he actually lost. If you let a douche like santorum almost beat you in your own home state, it reflects better on him.

You knew it'd be close. First, not that it matters, but when did he live in Michigan? Been awhile, right? Also, Michigan allows Dems to vote and its a dem state. And with the Sant. promo, no surprise it was close. He won, all that really matters. I forgot it was even today, shows you how interested I am. I wish I knew the Godfather was on.

And you guys want hot chicks, Fox News. I know you libs don't like Fox News but they got the babes.

MichChamp02 said:
you know, I heard for years about how great Casablanca was. Then when I was 23 or so, I finally saw it and I was disappointed.

I don't know if it was a matter of too many other movies copying it that ruined it for me, but the whole thing seemed cheesy and contrived. The famous lines seemed kinda silly in the actual movie.

Fly shit called. Said that you forgot to pick it out of the pepper.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And you guys want hot chicks, Fox News. I know you libs don't like Fox News but they got the babes.

no thanks. I'd rather take a cute liberal chick with a brain, than some self-absorbed, bimbo talking head from Fox... regardless of how hot she may be.

MichChamp02 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And you guys want hot chicks, Fox News. I know you libs don't like Fox News but they got the babes.

no thanks. I'd rather take a cute liberal chick with a brain, than some self-absorbed, bimbo talking head from Fox... regardless of how hot she may be.

You kidding, right? I can't speak for all but the chicks have brains. You make it sound like NBC and CNBC are full of brainiacs. I'd like to see that data.

Back