Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Davy Jones of the Monkees

bummer. was just at a coffee shop last weekend that played a bunch of their songs.

I know they didn't play their own instruments on most of their songs, but still, that was some pretty great pop music.

In the TV show they used to recycle like 3 songs only.

I never knew for years they had released albums, because I thought they were just made up for TV.

They were just made up for TV. But then as people became enthralled, a no brainer.

The theme, Hey Hey we're the Monkees? Is my favorite. I have an older brother who is head injured and we sing that song. It makes him smile which makes me smile so I'm happy about that.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The theme, Hey Hey we're the Monkees? Is my favorite. I have an older brother who is head injured and we sing that song. It makes him smile which makes me smile so I'm happy about that.

We're the Monkees, I'm a Believer, and Auntie Grizelda are the only Monkees songs I cant think of without going to look them up.

Well, shit on toast, I'm listening to the news and it seems like the guy had 66 really good years on the planet.

So Mazeltov Davy Jones (or whatever is the proper salutation under these circumstances, nobody dies every day) wherever you are.

Meanwhile too bad we don't have an audio connection right now so we could sing those Monkees songs together.

Turok said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Well, shit on toast, I'm listening to the news and it seems like the guy had 66 really good years on the planet.

So Mazeltov Davy Jones (or whatever is the proper salutation under these circumstances, nobody dies every day) wherever you are.

Meanwhile too bad we don't have an audio connection right now so we could sing those Monkees songs together.

Obviously, someday all of us will have joined him and ditched this mortal coil, so we might all (or most of us anyway) be able to get together in spirit somehow, and sing their songs...along with Davy and the rest of his late band too..heh!!

+1 for use of the term mortal coil.

you are the most shakespearean poster here.

Back