Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blunt Amendment defeated in Senate

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
51-48.

Not like Obama would have signed it as it is, but still, this may be the biggest joke of a bill that I've ever seen.

"I'm sorry Ms Employee, my religious beliefs don't allow me to cover breast exams in your health insurance. Pray to God and you will be okay."

For anyone who doesn't know what this is, it would give an employer the right to deny any medical coverage to their employees because of their religious or moral beliefs.

Republicans have gone crazy.

also, for anyone who saw the post i made last night, I deleted it because I found that the source was from a site like "the onion".

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]51-48.

Not like Obama would have signed it as it is, but still, this may be the biggest joke of a bill that I've ever seen.

"I'm sorry Ms Employee, my religious beliefs don't allow me to cover breast exams in your health insurance. Pray to God and you will be okay."

For anyone who doesn't know what this is, it would give an employer the right to deny any medical coverage to their employees because of their religious or moral beliefs.

Republicans have gone crazy.

also, for anyone who saw the post i made last night, I deleted it because I found that the source was from a site like "the onion".

back to the drawing board for Rubio.
cool.png

Romney released a presser a few minutes ago....stating he was against it....before he was for it....he just wanted to make sure everyone knew where he stood......lol

SLICK said:
Romney released a presser a few minutes ago....stating he was against it....before he was for it....he just wanted to make sure everyone knew where he stood......lol

i think that was yesterday, actually. But the guy is the ultimate flip flopper. And to be honest, he was telling the truth the first time. Romney isn't as far to the right as Santorum, not even close.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
SLICK said:

i think that was yesterday, actually. But the guy is the ultimate flip flopper. And to be honest, he was telling the truth the first time. Romney isn't as far to the right as Santorum, not even close.

I guess the separation of church and state issue depends on the issue for Dems, eh?

I'm still struggling with the notion that access to health insurance is a right. Someone please explain
that one to me.

Here's a quote: "Ms. Employee, I work for a living just like you, and I am no more morally obligated to provide you with health insurance than you are to provide it for me. But, because I am an entrepreneur and you are not, I am willing to offer it as benefit of working here. You are presently free to take advantage of it, or not; that is up to you."

smayschmouthfootball said:
I'm still struggling with the notion that access to health insurance is a right. Someone please explain
that one to me.

Here's a quote: "Ms. Employee, I work for a living just like you, and I am no more morally obligated to provide you with health insurance than you are to provide it for me. But, because I am an entrepreneur and you are not, I am willing to offer it as benefit of working here. You are presently free to take advantage of it, or not; that is up to you."

they should pay my car insurance too.

that one to me.

Access to health care has been a right for every first world nation since WWII. Get out of here with that weak as Ayn Rand non-sense.

martmay said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

I guess the separation of church and state issue depends on the issue for Dems, eh?

I'm all for rights, whether it's women's rights, minority rights, gay right, religious rights, your rights, my rights.

I see no problem in making a religious group provide full access to health benefits that non-religious groups have. If I remember correctly, the groups don't even have to pay for birth control, the insurance company does.

With the blunt bill, if you have cancer and need chemotherapy, your employer can deny that coverage because he doesn't believe in it. He believes that chemo is unnatural and that you should look to prayer. you're fucked.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
martmay said:

I'm all for rights, whether it's women's rights, minority rights, gay right, religious rights, your rights, my rights.

I see no problem in making a religious group provide full access to health benefits that non-religious groups have. If I remember correctly, the groups don't even have to pay for birth control, the insurance company does.

With the blunt bill, if you have cancer and need chemotherapy, your employer can deny that coverage because he doesn't believe in it. He believes that chemo is unnatural and that you should look to prayer. you're fucked.

I assume employers spell out what the plan covers??

martmay said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

I assume employers spell out what the plan covers??

that's not the problem. The problem is that an employer can push his religious beliefs on you and your health plan.

Employers are providing insurance that covers less and less shit as it is, if providing any freaking insurance at all.

"Im not providing insurance, or I'm providing only this shitty coverage, because it's my moral conviction not to pay for the shit, or it's my moral conviction only to shell out a few measly duckets for the most skimpy and virtually worthless of coverage there is."

What's a person gonna do, right?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-february-28-2012/indecision-2012---mitt-romney-s---rick-santorum-s -michigan-campaigns

Santorum was looking for Reagan democrats in Macomb County who feel Obama is too far left

that one to me.

If Health Insurance wasn't so fucking expensive, I'd have no problem letting everyone pay for their own shit. For a family of three, the cheapest plan I can get is $300-$400 per month. That's fucking insane! My son goes to the doctor once or twice a year, I haven't been to see a doctor in almost three years and my wife maybe once or twice. But we have to have the insurance, because if we get sick and end up in the hospital the costs are much more expensive and come right out of pocket.

martmay said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-february-28-2012/indecision-2012---mitt-romney-s---rick-santorum-s -michigan-campaigns

Santorum was looking for Reagan democrats in Macomb County who feel Obama is too far left

I have no problem with that. more power to him.

just posting a video from the mitt flip flop that i said i'd put up in my previous post.

SLICK said:
Santorum is done.....Newt shall RISE again......lol

maybe herman cain makes a come back.

"Mr. Cain, what's your thoughts on contraception."

Herman thinks for a moment, gives a sideways smile, winks, and says, "9-9-9!"

ahhh i miss that guy.

Back