Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

John Carter

I didn't know Disney would be getting into the whole Terminator Legacy thing....

MI_Thumb said:
cheeno said:
Anyone hyped to see this?

I'd be more hyped if it was not a Disney film.

Pixar is doing the FX, director is a Pixar guy. But yeah I hope it's not targeted to kids.

cheeno said:
MI_Thumb said:
I'd be more hyped if it was not a Disney film.

Pixar is doing the FX, director is a Pixar guy. But yeah I hope it's not targeted to kids.

I dunno, not just about if it's targeted at kids, Disney has a really cheesy way of making films. I also don't care for the way they cast mostly unknowns in their major pictures like Tron: Legacy, and the upcoming Lone Ranger. Starring Taylor Kitsch(Jon Carter), Garret Hedlund(Sam Flynn), and Armie Hammer(Lone Ranger).

Seriously, who the fuck are those guys.

When I first saw the preview I was wishing right away it would have been done by Ridley Scott or someone.

I don't know. I've seem many a great films with unknowns in them.

I will see it in the theaters.. i was surprised that my son who is a freshmen in HS said he would wait for the dvd of it. I was a huge ERB fan growing up so I am excited... But I agree i hate the unknown actors being cast.

MI_Thumb said:
cheeno said:

I dunno, not just about if it's targeted at kids, Disney has a really cheesy way of making films. I also don't care for the way they cast mostly unknowns in their major pictures like Tron: Legacy, and the upcoming Lone Ranger. Starring Taylor Kitsch(Jon Carter), Garret Hedlund(Sam Flynn), and Armie Hammer(Lone Ranger).

Seriously, who the fuck are those guys.

When I first saw the preview I was wishing right away it would have been done by Ridley Scott or someone.

Ridley Scott would have been epic. Prometheus is the next one I am hyped for.

BGB I am a pretty big ERB fan too. And yeah I think the movie probably cost a crap-load in FX.

I actually am looking forward to seeing this. I saw the preview over christmas vacation.

The fact that Disney is involved doesn't bother me; it didn't look like their usual sappy garbage. based on the preview alone, I'd take a chance on it.

Some of the ESPN commercials for this movie are getting old. They keep comparing basketball players with John Carter and its obnoxious.

MichChamp02 said:
I actually am looking forward to seeing this. I saw the preview over christmas vacation.

The fact that Disney is involved doesn't bother me; it didn't look like their usual sappy garbage. based on the preview alone, I'd take a chance on it.

Well the problem is being it's being made by Disney and at it's heart it's an action/sci-fi flick, I'm worried it will be too tame to reach it's full potential.

I'm not against family friendly films, but I think in this case, it could be better with a harder edge.

Me and my son Liked it... Could have been better in parts but all in all it was ok.. It never is going to recoup all of its budget in my opinion but i hope it does.

As I was watching the movie all I could thinks it would have been better as a HBO type series.

Back