Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

George Will Thinks Obama Will Win

[quote="SLICK":x268z36p]George Will once said with typical wit,

I think it is obvious that Obama will win.

2 years before the last election I thought it was obvious Hilary Clinton would be nomination. I thought it was unlikely that McCain would be nominated, but I thought that if he was nominated, it was obvious that he would beat Hilary.

Romney has an awful lot to overcome...

1. he's not particularly likable, and the tin-eared way in which he's branded his wealth and EXTREMELY PRIVILEGED UPBRINGING as "success" doesn't go over well with anyone who had to pay for their education themselves, or actually work at producing something useful before they considered themselves a "success"

2. his own party has spent a few decades carefully cultivating ignorant, uneducated, fundamentalist christians as their "base" and of course... Romney is mormon... a religion that said "base" considers borderline heresy, or worse.

3. he has no policy recommendations that resonate with the public, especially since all he can really promise... less regulation of business, lower taxes on business and the wealthy, and further spending cuts, are what got us where we are in the first place.

4. it's hard to unseat an incumbent, even one as unlikeable as Bush Jr. was in '04. I don't care what the polls say, my gut here, based on my typical reading of the news & media, is that Obama isn't anywhere near Bush Jr. in this regard.

MichChamp02 said:

1. he's not particularly likable, and the tin-eared way in which he's branded his wealth and EXTREMELY PRIVILEGED UPBRINGING as "success" doesn't go over well with anyone who had to pay for their education themselves, or actually work at producing something useful before they considered themselves a "success"

2. his own party has spent a few decades carefully cultivating ignorant, uneducated, fundamentalist christians as their "base" and of course... Romney is mormon... a religion that said "base" considers borderline heresy, or worse.

3. he has no policy recommendations that resonate with the public, especially since all he can really promise... less regulation of business, lower taxes on business and the wealthy, and further spending cuts, are what got us where we are in the first place.

4. it's hard to unseat an incumbent, even one as unlikeable as Bush Jr. was in '04. I don't care what the polls say, my gut here, based on my typical reading of the news & media, is that Obama isn't anywhere near Bush Jr. in this regard.
\

Romney has a lot to overcome??? LOL...what about BO...good god wake up

tsmith7559 said:
MichChamp02 said:

\

LOL....you're a Gingrich clown...what happen you switch clowns ?

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
\

LOL....you're a Gingrich clown...what happen you switch clowns ?

why does it matter? BO has to run on his record...far..far...far more to overcome than any GOP candidate

MichChamp02 said:

#2 is just your own BS talking and won't affect anything as it relates to Romney. More than half the base on both sides has at least three of those qualities you mention in your first sentence. I'll leave it to you to figure out which ones.

KAWDUP said:
MichChamp02 said:

#2 is just your own BS talking and won't affect anything as it relates to Romney. More than half the base on both sides has at least three of those qualities you mention in your first sentence. I'll leave it to you to figure out which ones.

lol #2.....look at the lib base

Back