Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injury Bug flying around allen park again

hankpav53

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions cornerback Eric Wright has injured his right leg.

Wright took himself out of practice Monday morning and had the inside of his right leg stretched. He went back in, then took himself out a few plays later.

The projected starter later had his right groin wrapped with ice.

Chris Houston, the other starting cornerback, also is injured. Aaron Berry and Brandon McDonald have been pushed into first-string roles during practice.

Detroit plays its second preseason game Friday at Cleveland, Wright's former team.

Wright and Houston are down today.... MEPOIAVMPOIEj. i hate this shit. why the fuck can't we stay healthy, i honestly don't get it, i feel like teams like the patriots and colts never have this issue (besides brady 08)... so fucking annoyed

If it's going to happen i'd rather it was now but they're going to happen next man up just has to do his job.

hankpav53 said:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions cornerback Eric Wright has injured his right leg.

Wright took himself out of practice Monday morning and had the inside of his right leg stretched. He went back in, then took himself out a few plays later.

The projected starter later had his right groin wrapped with ice.

Chris Houston, the other starting cornerback, also is injured. Aaron Berry and Brandon McDonald have been pushed into first-string roles during practice.

Detroit plays its second preseason game Friday at Cleveland, Wright's former team.

Wright and Houston are down today.... MEPOIAVMPOIEj. i hate this shit. why the fuck can't we stay healthy, i honestly don't get it, i feel like teams like the patriots and colts never have this issue (besides brady 08)... so fucking annoyed
That's because you don't pay attention to teams like the Pats and Indy. They have just as many injuries as the Lions.

With the loss of the offseason programs, this year is going to set new records for ligament strains and muscle pulls.

They'll be fine though. Other than Leshoure, nobody has sustained a season threatening injury. Fairley is missing some time, but he'll be back early.

Backus' status was already reduced from "Long Term"

Sounds like a pull, or a strain, or a cramp. Doesn't sound serious at all:

43 minutes ago - by John Kreger - Leg injury sidelines CB Wright
CB Eric Wright left practice after injuring his right leg. Wright returned to the practice field, but didn't participate in drills as a precaution. Lions RapidReports

Injuries will happen but funny how the game last Friday went injury free but they can't make it through a practice.

Some guys do not like to practice.. i just hope these are all minor Injuries...You scan a lot of teams and they all have guys banged up..

Wright just said on Twitter it isnt anything to worry about and he will be fine.

Back