Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sagarin has UOS rated 3rd

I think we need to know more about his basis for pre-season rankings.

I am guessing his approach does not take into account the "retirement" of Tressel & loss of Pryor.

Sagarin is supposed to be entirely mathematical, so there would be no bias there in considering the loss of the coach and the QB...if they lose, this will correct itself. Sagarin shouldn't be looked at until after it is no longer in Bayesian anyway...All teams have to be connected...

I realize it's unconnected at this time, but wouldn't the loss of five "until now assumed starters" affect his numbers?

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
I realize it's unconnected at this time, but wouldn't the loss of five "until now assumed starters" affect his numbers?

Especially the QB who's gone for the full season?

bigvic said:
I fucking hate it when the system is Bayesian and shit

Yeah, let's get the season started already so we can get this thing in an unbiased, well connected situation!

Back