Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Manning OUT in Indy

Still stunned a little bit. But new coach, other vets leaving and rebuilding I could see it.

Business is business, but that's a hell of a way to treat a guy who came to a terrible franchise, made them very good for a lot of years and won a Super Bowl.

It's clear he wanted to stay in Indy for his whole career.

MI_Thumb said:
Business is business, but that's a hell of a way to treat a guy who came to a terrible franchise, made them very good for a lot of years and won a Super Bowl.

Happens to the best of them, bro.

It happened to Montana, right?

We wouldn't even be discussing this if it wasn't for Manning's neck problems.

I'm impressed Indy made the correct move and pulled the trigger. But then again it was a bit of a no brainer if you think of it as a business move. The fans got used to not seeing Manning on the field and you lucked your way into the top pick in the draft (pun intended). Just continue rebuilding.

tonyballs said:
MI_Thumb said:

Happens to the best of them, bro.

It happened to Montana, right?

We wouldn't even be discussing this if it wasn't for Manning's neck problems.

It happened with Montana and it happened with Favre because they had players that were better (at the time) waiting to take over in Young and Rodgers, because they wanted to stay on top.

The Colts are just dumping salary, they have nobody (yet) to fill Peyton's shoes, and are one of the worst teams in the league.

I would not say it's the same and Montana's situation, but business is business. Though it's hard to explain to the fans.

Back