Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Joe The Plumber Wins

lions2011

So last night Joe The Plumber won the Republican nominee fight for Congress in the 16th District in Ohio....He now gets to take on the Democrat in November who beat Dennis Kucinch last night.

Congrats to Joe....maybe Old Man McCain will come stump for him.

DR said:
Marcy Kaptur will whipe the floor with him.

oh for sure. That guy is as much of a clown as Sarah Palin.

is Kaptur who beat Kucinich in the primary? I read his district boundaries were changed prior to these primaries.

Kaptur was already in congress, right? I know I've heard her name before. Did Ohio lose a rep or something? Sounds like ohio dems got screwed royally by the redistricting that was done.

DR said:
Marcy Kaptur will wipe the floor with him.

Its a dem district. However, Ohio will probably go 12/4 or 11/5 in worse case scenario in favor of the GOP

MichChamp02 said:
DR said:
Marcy Kaptur will whipe the floor with him.

is Kaptur who beat Kucinich in the primary? I read his district boundaries were changed prior to these primaries.

Kaptur was already in congress, right? I know I've heard her name before. Did Ohio lose a rep or something? Sounds like ohio dems got screwed royally by the redistricting that was done.

ya the Repubs changed the districts when they took the House...Kaptur and Kucinich Districts were combined into this one....Kucinich got fucked.

SLICK said:
MichChamp02 said:

ya the Repubs changed the districts when they took the House...Kaptur and Kucinich Districts were combined into this one....Kucinich got fucked.

Hope he runs under the Green Party for President...take a few votes away from BO in Ohio...very few, but its an important state

Hopefully he will lose in a landslide like all republicans...

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

Hope he runs under the Green Party for President...take a few votes away from BO in Ohio...very few, but its an important state

Kucinich wants to be Post Master General.....maybe Barry will throw him a bone.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

lol....its broke

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

Did Wilfred Brimley die?

how does it make sense that the post office is broke? Why do people (usually really stupid people) keep saying that? the post office is a public service we pay for. It's not supposed to make money.

government isn't supposed to make money. it's supposed to protect its citizens, and provide for the general welfare.

private corporations are supposed to make money, not the government. people have things all mixed up. they don't actually understand how the world works, and yet they confuse the issues and cause more problems for the rest of us when they run their big stupid uninformed mouths, instead of going about their business: bagging my groceries, filling the potholes in my street, digging ditches, or asking me if I want fries with that.

MichChamp02 said:
how does it make sense that the post office is broke? Why do people (usually really stupid people) keep saying that? the post office is a public service we pay for. It's not supposed to make money.

government isn't supposed to make money. it's supposed to protect its citizens, and provide for the general welfare.

private corporations are supposed to make money, not the government. people have things all mixed up. they don't actually understand how the world works, and yet they confuse the issues and cause more problems for the rest of us when they run their big stupid uninformed mouths, instead of going about their business: bagging my groceries, filling the potholes in my street, digging ditches, or asking me if I want fries with that.

Probably because post offices all over are closing in small towns, because the cost of delivering/sorting/transporting mail is greater than the money taken in my postage fee's.

Not to mention all the Postal workers who have to be paid a fair wage, and insurance benefits, and pensions.

If it were a business it would be in the red.

I think the post office is suffering due to technology advances and lack of adaptation and is simply becoming obsolete, to some extent.

MI_Thumb said:
MichChamp02 said:

Probably because post offices all over are closing in small towns, because the cost of delivering/sorting/transporting mail is greater than the money taken in my postage fee's.

Not to mention all the Postal workers who have to be paid a fair wage, and insurance benefits, and pensions.

of course, but it's not a business. it's a service provided by the government.

now... I may be CRAZY, but I don't think it's a bad thing that post office workers receive decent pay and benefits... and of course, they go out an buy things, own houses, pay taxes, and all that jazz, so their wages are recirculated into the economy. It's not like that money gets shipped to a bank in the Caymans.

sure it would be great if we could fire all of them, and hire foreign laborers who could work insanely long shifts, at starvation wages, without any sort of health benefits, insurance, worker's compensation, etc. if they get injured on the job, just throw their mangled carcass out in the fields and let them starve; plenty more where they came from. But unfortunately, we actually have to use the domestic labor pool to do the work, and employ citizens or lawful residents, and protected by federal and state labor laws... bummer, eh?

Right?

Where's all that fuckin' oil that was supposed to make the military a profitable endeavor?

MichChamp02 said:
MI_Thumb said:

of course, but it's not a business. it's a service provided by the government.

now... I may be CRAZY, but I don't think it's a bad thing that post office workers receive decent pay and benefits... and of course, they go out an buy things, own houses, pay taxes, and all that jazz, so their wages are recirculated into the economy. It's not like that money gets shipped to a bank in the Caymans.

sure it would be great if we could fire all of them, and hire foreign laborers who could work insanely long shifts, at starvation wages, without any sort of health benefits, insurance, worker's compensation, etc. if they get injured on the job, just throw their mangled carcass out in the fields and let them starve; plenty more where they came from. But unfortunately, we actually have to use the domestic labor pool to do the work, and employ citizens or lawful residents, and protected by federal and state labor laws... bummer, eh?

Right?

Maybe we could replace the postal workers with those guys hanging around at the Home Depot.

Pick 'em up in vans at the start of the day, have them tote the mail, drop 'em off at the end of the day and just pay them $50 cash.

Back